Global Product Manager - Digital Unit (Healthcare Software)
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: Nationwide; MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Field
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
As a Global Product Manager of Digital Unit, you have a unique opportunity to make a meaningful impact by leading the development and execution of our product strategy. Join our dynamic team and work as part of a product trio, consisting of a Product Designer and Engineering Manager, to solve real problems for customers while meeting the needs of our business. Your role as a servant-leader is crucial in driving excellence and expertise throughout the product lifecycle.
- Work closely with design and engineering as well as cross functional initiative teams and serve as the face of a product-area to the business leads and business unit.
- Articulate and develop a cohesive vision and strategy including the business value of building, supporting and developing value within the Squads product-area.
- Create and manage an actionable product roadmap, ensuring feasibility with respect to business objectives and alignment to overarching platform governance.
- Continuously communicate with all stakeholders, including business managers and development teams to maintain the vision and overall alignment to the platform roadmap.
- Keep abreast with the product roadmap, good practices and new trends.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure development and delivery timelines are met.
- Conduct risk and quality management assessments at a product level.
- Work with the development team to identify, define and organize activities, as well as coordinate all stages of product creation including design and development.
- Plan, monitor and evaluate product progress and identify any areas with the potential for improvements.
- Prepare and maintain product documentation (user and technical).
- Develop user stories that articulate end user needs, leverage these to improve overall product outcomes.
- Engage early with all stakeholders to plan and prepare roll-out, coordinate key stakeholders for project roll-out where necessary.
- Support and engage in any change management activities related to the product.
- Create and maintain the product backlog based on evolving requirements and good practice, ensuring that changes align with broader business objectives and are prioritized based on product vision.
- Map out dependencies to ensure development of a realistic and efficient plan.
- Pilot product resource use, monitor progress and ensure that project KPIs, schedule and budget are respected.
- Engage with business stakeholders to collect requirements input and to present ideas for testing and further development.
- Cross-Functional Communication: Foster effective communication and collaboration among different departments, including sales, marketing, customer support, and development teams.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering, or other related field (or equivalent and related experience). Masters, PhD, or equivalent experience in or related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software product management, either as a product manager, software engineer, or in a role associated with healthcare and/or medical device software development.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in agile software development methodologies or related activities
- Minimum of 3 years of experience leading complex, cross-functional projects.
- Healthcare Domain Expertise: Strong understanding of healthcare software and/or medical device software development environment, regulatory compliance, and the healthcare ecosystem.
- International Healthcare Experience: Knowledge of international healthcare systems, standards, and regulations
- EHR (Electronic Health Records) Knowledge: Experience with EHR systems and their integration with healthcare platform
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to influence and drive results in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, especially in the context of healthcare workflow optimization
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Passion for technology and for delivering high-quality products
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
The anticipated base pay range for this full-time position working at this location is $102,246.00 - $143,143.00 / year, plus potential for annual bonus (subject to plan eligibility and other requirements). Olympus considers a variety of factors when determining actual compensation for this position including: level of experience, working location, and relevant education and certifications.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Digital Product Development