NOVA AI Principal Software Engineer (Cross-Skilled)
Olympus Medical Systems
Working Location: MASSACHUSETTS, WESTBOROUGH
Workplace Flexibility: Hybrid
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Olympus, a leading medical technology company, has focused on making people’s lives better for over 100 years.
Our Purpose is to make people’s lives healthier, safer, and more fulfilling.
Our Core Values are reflected in all we do: Integrity – Empathy – Agility – Unity – Long-Term View
We deliver on our purpose and our core values by staying True to Life.
Looking for more from your job?
Olympus, one of the largest medical technology companies globally is building a new Digital Unit that will be tasked with innovating and building new strategic products that will expand on its product offerings and impact across the globe.
For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world. Olympus medical solutions and products are used to provide better diagnostic outcomes for millions of patients across the globe.
At Olympus, you have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact on the world. Your work can help save lives and improve patient outcomes. As a leading provider of advanced medical technologies, Olympus is at the forefront of a new strategic initiative to become a digital leader in the healthcare industry. The new Digital Unit will focus on experimenting, incubating, and bringing to market new technological offerings and digital products that will not only enhance Olympus’s position in the market but spearhead the development of new technologies that will reconceptualize the experience for both patients and medical professionals globally. Join us in building our next generation digital platform, which integrates data and AI to streamline and automate medical workflows and transform the way healthcare professionals provide care.
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Senior Software Engineer with expertise in multiple technology stacks, preferably C++, C#, Cloud and DevOps tools, to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining software solutions across various domains and technologies. The ideal candidate should have a broad skill set and be comfortable working with diverse technologies.
- Write high-quality, secure, and maintainable code to deliver on agile user stories, ensuring that our platform is reliable and scalable.
- Develop and maintain unit tests with a high degree of code coverage, ensuring that our code is rigorously tested and optimized for performance.
- Perform code reviews on other team members' pull requests, providing constructive feedback and guidance to improve the quality of our code.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in production, working closely with the team to identify and implement effective solutions.
- Create clear and concise documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, and code comments that illustrate the type of code needed.
- Document each aspect of a system or application as a reference for future upgrades and maintenance, ensuring that our platform is easily maintainable and upgradable.
- Maintain compliance with applicable policies and procedures for areas such as Quality, Security, and Privacy, ensuring that our platform is secure and compliant with industry standards.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather requirements and translate them into technical solutions.
- Participate actively in sprint meetings, including planning, daily stand-ups, and retrospectives, to provide input and collaborate with the team.
- Design, develop, and maintain software solutions using a variety of technology stacks, including C++, C# and Azure Cloud.
- Implement and maintain relational databases, such as Postgres or SQL Server, ensuring optimal performance and data integrity.
- Implement and practice test-driven development across the pyramid using tools such as xUnit, NUnit, Fluent Assertions, Moq, and Respawn.
- Implement DevOps practices, including CI/CD pipelines, automation, and infrastructure-as-code tools, to ensure smooth and efficient software development processes.
- Leverage your hardware knowledge to collaborate with hardware teams and develop software solutions that interface with hardware components or devices.
- Participate in architecture design, code reviews, and technical discussions to ensure high-quality and scalable software solutions.
- Collaborate with the team to develop and maintain continuous integration and delivery pipelines, leveraging tools like Azure Pipelines.
- A college or advanced educational degree is not necessarily required for this position. We also value education achieved via work experience, coursework and training, and even self-guided learning.
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience as a Software Engineer, with expertise in multiple technology stacks.
- Other Considerations (travel/hours availability, etc.): Strong overlap with ET zone work hours, and some ability to overlap with CET zone work hours. Traveling to visit Olympus sites and customers is a part of this job. Expect to travel about once a quarter, with some international travel.
- Familiarity with agile methodologies and project management practices.
- Deep understanding of object-oriented programming principles and experience in building high-performance applications.
- Hands-on programming experience using relevant languages. C#, C++ and/or Python preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of backend software development for microservice architectures preferred.
- Broad understanding of technology topics such as cloud products and platforms, micro-service architectures, automation, and API integration.
- Experience maintaining and developing with CI/CD pipelines.
- Prior experience in medical device development is a plus.
Why join Olympus?
Here, people matter—our health, our happiness, and our lives.
- Competitive salaries, annual bonus and 401(k)* with company match
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, Visions coverage effective on start date
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Free virtual live and on-demand wellness classes
- Work-life balance supportive culture with hybrid and remote roles
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Educational Assistance
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- Volunteering and charitable donation match programs
- Diversity & Inclusion Programs including Colleague Affinity Networks
- On-Site Child Daycare, Café, Fitness Center**
We care about your health and financial well-being and offer the resources you need to feel vital, confident and ready for wherever life takes you. Learn more about our benefit offerings at https://www.olympusamerica.com/careers/benefits-perks.
Our Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients and their safety.
Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Olympus employs more than 31,000 employees worldwide in nearly 40 countries and regions. Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,200 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus is dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace
We recognize diversity in people, views and lifestyle choices and emphasize the importance of inclusion and mutual respect. We strive to continue to foster empathy and unity in the workplace so that our employees can fully contribute and thrive.
Let’s realize your potential, together.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Massachusetts (US-MA) || Westborough || Research and Development