Senior Data Engineer (Remote)
Req ID: 243463
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Senior Data Engineer (Remote) to join our team in Boston, Massachusetts (US-MA), United States (US).
Candidates for the Senior Data Engineer role need a strong technical foundation in database architecture, database infrastructure, configuration, installation, and practice, hands-on experience with building and supporting highly available and scalable systems. Candidates must have strong knowledge and experience of data replication strategies and technologies. They should have a keen attention to detail and must be vigilant in the analysis to come to correct conclusions. This role supports the day-to-day development activities by working as a member of a software engineering team. Candidates must have strong experience with the following technologies -PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL Server. Oracle and MySQL experience would also be beneficial.
- Create, troubleshoot, and optimize SQL queries, stored packages/procedures, views, functions, etc.
- Analyze queries execution plans for performance improvements
- Create and review SQL code from performance, scalability, and security perspectives
- Ensuring data integrity
- Recommend improvements in the reporting and batch-processing code
- Creating solutions and implementing complex data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analyzing, and visualizing large sets of data using multiple platforms.
- Work with business owners to identify information needed
- Collaborate with other software engineers to create optimized SQL code
- Apply knowledge of industry best practices and sound coding techniques established to refine operational procedures and processes to ensure solution reliability
- Ensure to enforce coding standards and naming conventions
Ensure the security of personal health information (PHI) and report any violations or observations to management.
5+ years or more experience in the database development lifecycle
- The Senior Data Engineer requires experience as a hands-on Database Technologist with Database Architecture, Database Development, and Database Administration experience.
- Able to see through the data and analyze it to find conclusions
- Highly analytical data analyst who enjoys coding
- Must be able to look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server)
- Expert in PL/SQL, Transact-SQL (stored packages, procedures, functions, triggers)
- Solid knowledge of isolation levels, transaction processing, batch processing, lock escalation, error handling fundamentals
- Strong knowledge of Data Modeling principles, and experience with Data Modeling tools (ER/Studio, ERwin, etc.) is a plus
- Experience with Data Transformation, knowledge of various ETL tools
- Strong knowledge of all the aspects of Data Lifecycle Management, including but not limited to Data Masking, Data Sub-setting, Data Generation
- Strong knowledge of data mining
- Proficient understanding of distributed computing principles
5+ years of database programming including the development of stored methods (PL/SQL, Transact-SQL)
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to rewrite complex queries to improve performance
- Experience with VLDB environments
- Java and .NET knowledge and experience are very helpful
- Linux knowledge is a plus
- Understanding/experience with NoSQL and Big Data is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Core member of an agile team.
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and work with onshore and offshore teams
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data, and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration, and global data centers. We are committed to our client’s long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The starting pay range for this remote role is $84,200 – 117,000. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate’s actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits that will depend on the nature of the role offered. Company benefits may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending or health savings account, life and AD&D insurance, short and long-term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally-required benefits.