Sales Executive - (SLED) State, Local, Education - New England
Req ID: 233792
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
Sales Executive – State, Local & Education – (100% Remote but must be commutable to New England region and Capitols)
The ideal candidate NTT DATA is seeking has 5-10 years of experience and strong relationships in State and Local government and Education, possibly as part of the State or local government administrations, agencies or departments. Additionally, a strong understanding of Information Technology is highly desired as this position will be seeking to ultimately sell technology services and offerings to these entities with a primary role of generating, qualifying, and closing new business for the company.
- Develop a pipeline of new business contacts and opportunities and conduct regular progress reviews with immediate leadership.
- Create account plans with detailed demand generation strategies for states, cities, counties and educational institutions (Public Entities) and a plan to grow existing relationships and expand to grow new relationships.
- Introduce other NTT DATA executive leadership to existing relationships and new contacts.
- Be intimate with the Public Entities budget processes, specifically understanding budget that is earmarked for Information Technology and bring opportunities forward and coordinate client meetings based on findings.
- Work months in advance to understand upcoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs), influence specific requirements where possible for the benefit of NTT DATA and bring to the pursuit process far in advance of the RFP issue date.
- Understand the different contracting vehicles available for all the Public Entities and work to ensure NTT DATA is on each vehicle where applicable. Promote these vehicles to prospects as a potential method to procure services without necessarily going through a formal RFP process.
- Develop a strong understanding of NTT DATA offerings for Public Entities and promote these to the Public Entities. Also learn about and establish relationships with other NTT Group entities and jointly work together to identify and close new business.
- Support pursuit and proposal delivery teams throughout the defined pursuit process as a team player, striving to assist the team however needed to execute the overall pursuit process.
- Work closely with Delivery groups and Marketing to support go-to-market plans and demand generation activities for vertical area.
- Work with vendor partners to jointly develop business opportunities and close new business.
- Contribute to NTT DATA’s knowledgebase of presentations, proposals, etc. and share sales tools that are re-usable for others.
- Update and maintain a detailed funnel of opportunities in Salesforce and provide status reports to ensure current visibility of activities, highlighting areas requiring practice area support and resource needs to meet sales objectives.
- Develops and executes goals and strategies within sales area.
- Own the strategic direction and executive leadership their assigned territory or domain
Job Level Specific Duties:
- Maintain a senior to expert level of knowledge about the State, Local and Education Agencies in New England.
- Sells primarily complex managed services, full IT Outsourcing solutions, application services and industry vertical solutions.
- Seek to be recognized as a thought leader on the industry, the NTT DATA business model and competitors.
- Interface and successfully influence multiple C-level executives within the customer organization.
- Sponsor and institutionalize new and innovative ways of working in teams to meet customer needs/sales objectives.
- Be guided by brand and NTT DATA overall sales strategies.
- Model organizational and industry standards in achievement of sales goals.
- Maintain contact at CEO, CIO, CTO, CISO, CTO, Executive Director and other key decision makers.
- Sales Quota - $8MM TCV
- 5-10 years of a strong understanding of Information Technology, ideally how it applies to Public Entities for State, Local and Education Agencies in Massachusettes, Rhode Island, etc...
- 5-10 years in a consultative selling role able to identify and address client issues within SLED in New England
- 5-10 years C-Level selling and relationship building experience within SLED in New England
Minimum Education and Certifications:
- Undergraduate degree required, MBA or Graduate degree preferred.
- Advanced Public Entities industry and service solution knowledge.
- Advanced understanding of customer’s decision-making process, goals, objectives and strategies.
- Advanced business and financial acumen.
- Advanced ability to assess potential sales opportunities and develop value propositions.
- Advanced presentation and negotiation skills.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a recognized leader in IT and business services, including cloud, data and applications, headquartered in Texas. As part of NTT DATA, a $30 billion trusted global innovator with a combined global reach of over 80 countries, we help clients transform through business and technology consulting, industry and digital solutions, applications development and management, managed edge-to-cloud infrastructure services, BPO, systems integration and global data centers. We are committed to our clients’ long-term success. Visit nttdata.com or LinkedIn to learn more.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants without regarding to race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment for all employees. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please inform your recruiter so that we may connect you with the appropriate team.
Where required by law, NTT DATA provides a reasonable range of compensation for specific roles. The starting pay range for this remote role is $99,100 - $229,400 This range reflects the minimum and maximum target compensation for the position across all US locations. Actual compensation will depend on a number of factors, including the candidate’s actual work location, relevant experience, technical skills, and other qualifications. This position may also be eligible for incentive compensation based on individual and/or company performance.
This position is eligible for company benefits that will depend on the nature of the role offered. Company benefits may include medical, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending or health savings account, life and AD&D insurance, short and long term disability coverage, paid time off, employee assistance, participation in a 401k program with company match, and additional voluntary or legally-required benefits.