Senior Accountant / Controller
Meetcaregivers is a healthcare agency aiming to build the world’s largest online marketplace for Senior Care. Our mission is to bring you high-quality goods, services, and technology for all your care needs. We aim to have a positive impact on our elderly community and provide the best care. We value our customers and our employees are the greatest asset.
The ideal candidate will have substantial exposure to monthly closing processes, forecasting and budgeting, and customer billing. They will be organized and approach each issue with an analytical mindset.
• The candidate will be responsible for daily transactions in the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable applications. Will be tasked with ensuring that all accounts payable transactions are posted in a timely manner and that proper approval has been received prior to posting them in the general ledger.
• This includes matching purchase orders and vendor invoices to receivers, obtaining proper approval for all invoices from department managers, coding expenses properly in the general ledger, scheduling and completing semi-monthly check runs, ensuring that all checks are entered into the accounting system, and contacting vendors to reconcile discrepancies.
• Assist with Accounts Receivable collection calls, as appropriate. Will be responsible for timely and accurately filing of A/P and A/R paperwork.
• In charge of monthly account reconciliations, including bank reconciliation and accrual accounts; month-end journal entries, and closing of each module within Great Plains.
• Prepare invoices through Quickbooks
• Work with Payroll Clerk to make sure payroll is handled properly
• Report monthly activity to President
• Work with outside accounting firm on annual tax return
• Responsible for financial Projections.
• 4+ years of professional accounting experience
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics or equivalent experience
• CPA preferred
• Must be very comfortable with Quickbooks
• Must have at least 2 years of experience managing a general ledger
• Must be proficient with Excel and Word
• Must have some experience in making projections.