Director, PMO and Quality (RWE Oncology)
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
Director, Real World Research PMO + Quality
Ontada is an oncology technology and insights business dedicated to transforming the fight against cancer. Part of McKesson Corporation, Ontada was founded on the core belief that precise insights – delivered exactly at the point of need – can save more patients’ lives. We connect the full patient journey by combining technologies used by The US Oncology Network and other community oncology providers with real-world data and research relied on by all top 15 global life sciences companies. Our work helps accelerate innovation and power the future of cancer care.
The Project Management Office (PMO) and Quality team is responsible for bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to planning and implementing key projects, procedures and processes across Ontada’s real world research business. Our goal is to drive business improvement and customer satisfaction through on-time delivery, improved quality, reduced cost, adherence to compliance measures, improved effectiveness and increased productivity and scalability. Our PMO oversees customer projects and strategic projects to scale the organization, manages our quality control and process solutions, implements project systems to enhance our business and helps manage our biopharma portfolio of customers. This leadership role engages with key business stakeholders across the organization and collaborates with research, data services, sales, strategy, and IT daily.
- Establish and promote a culture of Operational Excellence across the organization, putting forth recommendations and implementing processes, means and methods that drive on-time, high quality delivery, specifically in Real World Research (RWR)
- Ensure that structured methodologies and principles are adopted in development of prospective project schedule and scope
- Manage the risks and issues as they surface to provide optimal business and enterprise solutions. Ensure corrective action and preventative action plans are in place to prevent future issues
- Oversee the project status details for all projects to ensure milestones and resource allocations are all maintained and reported, including key risks and issues
- Design and drive project governance and oversight of schedule, scope, and resources (workload and allocation) enabling cost and revenue management in accordance with project budgeting
- Responsible for the development and implementation of Ontada’s quality assurance and related regulatory compliance program through the development and implementation of quality assurance standards, policies and procedures, training, system auditing and monitoring and internal reporting
- Identify areas of improvement to drive performance beyond current workflows within the RWR space
- Ensure process documentation in accordance with compliance and regulatory standards and provides support to regulatory leadership to optimize regulatory performance and institutional readiness
- Oversee the delegation of work to project and quality managers who lead customer research projects, process improvement initiatives, RWR contract project activities, metrics and KPIs, project systems, and quality and audit functions.
- Build and lead a best-in-class team and facilitate their success in maintaining and improving the confidence of internal and external constituencies.
- Collaborate with team members in developing short and long-range business initiatives and goals.
- Develop relationships based on trust, confidence and respect.
- Articulate goals and objectives into specifics that are easily understood and hold people accountable for agreed-to results.
- Supervise the activities of quality and performance improvement teams with the goal of creating a highly collaborative work environment committed to outstanding performance and outcomes.
- Coach, develop and direct a team of professionals through empowerment and delegation to achieve peak performance and meet strategic objectives set forth by the business.
- Ensure high quality employee attraction, engagement and development at all levels, building bench strength through modeling of ICARE/ILEAD and development of a high-performing culture.
- Resolve all issues and concerns, and provide support and resources to the teams, as applicable.
- 12+ years of project management experience within a life sciences and/or biopharma capacity (1 less year required with Master's degree)
- 5+ years of diversified leadership, planning, communication, organization, and people management
- Bachelor's in business administration or related field
- PMP certification strongly desired
- Lean Six Sigma certification strongly desired
- Advanced degree preferred (MBA, MS)
- Strong quantitative analytical skills, business acumen and insight; with the ability to understand and synthesize data from various sources, work around data limitations and form impactful judgments and insights
- Sustained performance in leading and developing a high-performing team
- Track record of best-in-class project management experience with the ability to interpret complex data, leverage information for business decision-making, and develop/translate data into actionable recommendations
- Adept at managing expectations in internal and externally facing roles including through influencing and leading cross-functional teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and deadlines while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in outputs
- Excellent problem-solving, troubleshooting, and project management skills/capabilities
- Working knowledge of forecasting & modeling techniques and demand planning applications including demonstrated advanced proficiency with financial modeling concepts and tools such as those in the Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with eDocument Management, Training, CAPA’s, Audit systems and tools
- Remote Office Location
- Occasional travel (up to 25%)
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$146,300 - $243,900
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!