Operations Supervisor - Outbound
McKesson is an impact-driven, Fortune 10 company that touches virtually every aspect of healthcare. We are known for delivering insights, products, and services that make quality care more accessible and affordable. Here, we focus on the health, happiness, and well-being of you and those we serve – we care. What you do at McKesson matters. We foster a culture where you can grow, make an impact, and are empowered to bring new ideas. Together, we thrive as we shape the future of health for patients, our communities, and our people. If you want to be part of tomorrow’s health today, we want to hear from you.
As an Operations Supervisor on our team, you’ll be helping to keep our distribution center operating smoothly. From training to problem solving to maintaining equipment, your work will help save lives. Specifically, we need you to:
• Help plan and direct operations
• Keep morale and work standards high
• Train and manage your team
• Control expenses
• Control employee turnover and overtime hours
• Make sure equipment and housekeeping are exceptional
Along with the responsibilities you’ll be given at McKesson, we’ll also encourage you to make the most of our training and development. Our culture of diversity and opportunity works to support you as you advance in your career. You’ll collaborate with coworkers and lead by example. You’ll help us work to solve our nation’s healthcare challenges and decrease costs so that everyone can afford the care they need.
Schedule -Monday through Friday 10am to 7:30pm
- Assist with planning, organizing, and directing warehouse activities to ensure successful night shift operations.
- Conducting cycle counts and replenishments. Maintaining $50 million dollar inventory with accuracy and integrity.
- Assist with leading workers and Lead persons. Assist with maintaining a positive morale, work standards and developing teams.
- Assist with training and managing employee performance
- Assertively seek solutions to problems at the root level
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with federal, state, and local company policies
- Assist with controlling expenses
- Assist with reducing employee turnover / Assist with reducing overtime working hours
- Ensure warehouse equipment and vehicles are well maintained and that housekeeping meets company standards.
- Typically requires 3+ years of subject matter experience including exhibiting leadership capabilities.
- Experience managing, leading, and developing staff
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and make strong business decisions
- Demonstrated employee engagement skills
- Responsible for opening the DC on Sundays at 12am. The remainder of the week has a start time of 1am; must also be open to adjusting shift as needed based on business requirements.
- Extremely dependable since they will be opening the DC every morning.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Industry experience in logistics, supply chain, warehouse, manufacturing, or distribution environment preferred
- Skilled in interviewing, coaching, evaluation, discipline, and record keeping
- Focus on driving quality and process improvement
- Warehouse management systems experience preferred; experience in RF environment is a plus; experience with labor management system is a plus and PowerBi
- Experience leading large teams (this team has 23 people)
- Ability to effectively interpret and analyze data to drive productivity
- High energy distribution center environment
- Must be able to operate and order picker and reach truck.
- May be required to work various shifts, including nights and days.
- Some overtime required.
Career Level – Manager – M1
At McKesson, we care about the well-being of the patients and communities we serve, and that starts with caring for our people. That’s why we have a Total Rewards package that includes comprehensive benefits to support physical, mental, and financial well-being. Our Total Rewards offerings serve the different needs of our diverse employee population and ensure they are the healthiest versions of themselves. For more information regarding benefits at McKesson, please click here.
As part of Total Rewards, we are proud to offer a competitive compensation package at McKesson. This is determined by several factors, including performance, experience and skills, equity, regular job market evaluations, and geographical markets. In addition to base pay, other compensation, such as an annual bonus or long-term incentive opportunities may be offered.
Our Base Pay Range for this position$64,800 - $108,000
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site.
Join us at McKesson!