Certified Recovery Coach - Massachusetts
Massachusetts, USA · Remote
Posted on Thursday, April 20, 2023
Great opportunity for recovery coaches and peers to have a voice and make a difference!
Marigold Health is looking for an innovative peer/recovery coach to help people find their path to wellness and reduced substance use utilizing a new model for technology-enabled peer support. The opportunity may be for full or part-time depending on our needs and your experience.
Marigold Health exists to give every person with a mental health or substance use condition a place to feel heard.
Our work is focused on providing evidence-based, virtual peer support to people interested in recovery and/or in reducing harm from substance use.
We've designed a novel program that augments the work peers do with technology ranging from automated, interactive outreach to individuals to asynchronous, digital group discussions. Marigold's mobile app provides multiple avenues for people in recovery to build their recovery capital and expand their community networks.
What You'll Do
- Engage a roster of members via regularly scheduled phone/video calls, text messages, digital support groups, and wellness planning
- Develop comprehensive wellness plans in collaboration with members and their care teams and using evidence-based recovery screening tools
- Coordinate with Marigold staff and with member’s friends/family & other care providers in delivering support
- Use your experience to identify and engage a network of referring agencies as well as add to database of member resources
- Bring a "peer perspective" to the design of new digital interventions, technology tools, and trainings
- Document your work in our record systems according to Marigold and prevailing standards
- Share personal lived experience with mental health and/or addiction to support others seeking/maintaining recovery
- Travel onsite to scheduled outreach visits
What You Have
- Minimum of 1 year working as a Peer Specialist or Recovery Coach
- Certification in Massachusetts as a Recovery Coach and/or as a Certified Peer Specialist preferred, must be certified in state of residence
- Reliable access to internet in a private space (we provide equipment, e.g. laptop)
- Comfort operating a smartphone, computer, and software tools such as Microsoft Office
- Ability to document member engagements in an electronic record
- A willingness to speak to your personal lived experience with mental health and/or substance use conditions
- An ability to work independently, combined with a comfort-level and clear understanding of when to reach out with questions or requests for clarification
- Access to reliable transportation to travel to onsite visits as often as 3 times a week
- Demonstrated ability to create wellness plans and/or recovery goals
- Ability to adapt and prioritize tasks to meet the needs of members
- A willingness to work evening and weekend hours
- Experience delivering peer support digitally (e.g. on social media) is a significant plus
- Fluency in Spanish is a significant plus
Benefits/Perks You'll Receive
- At Marigold, every voice is heard. We want and need to hear your perspective as a peer! You will play an active part in building a new technology program from the ground up.
- Remote work: As a remote employee, you have the flexibility to work from anywhere - no office or desk needed. We supply all team members with laptops and cell phones. May be required to visit partner sites in person 1-3 times per week.
- Ongoing learning: People at Marigold Health are curious and always learning. We make education and training part of our routine from monthly “Lunch and Learns” to role-based trainings and education.
- Fun: We work hard and have a good time while doing so. From monthly game breaks to virtual meme sharing, there's always room for fun.
- Full-time benefits: All full-time employees receive health, dental, and vision insurance, time off, and a mental health stipend.
- Competitive pay: Annual salaries for this position range from $43,000 - $49,000.
- Bonus Opportunities: Bonuses available on weekly and monthly basis depending on performance.
More About Marigold Health
Marigold Health is an early-stage, rapidly growing startup providing services for a range of community-based mental health and substance use treatment providers as well as for managed care organizations. We collaborate with eminent investigators at Brown University and Johns Hopkins and have been publicly recognized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the American Psychiatric Association.
Our core values are authenticity, candor, and ambition.
We have an office in Boston, but during the COVID 19 epidemic most of our team members work virtually from their homes. When COVID-19 restrictions relax, team members will be expected to attend occasional meetings at the office but will for the most part be able to continue working virtually. Regular travel to partner clinics is a significant part of this role. Staff traveling to partner clinics will also need to abide by COVID-19 safety policies at these facilities.
Inclusion is at the core of what we do. We’re working to bring care to the most underserved and stigmatized patients. We actively welcome applicants from a wealth of different backgrounds (including but not limited to race, gender, educational background, and sexual orientation). We must have diversity on our team and in our mindsets to be successful in moving the needle on the deeply entrenched and systematic challenges we face.
Marigold Health is an equal opportunity employer.
Questions? Email Holly@marigoldhealth.com for more info.
See more open positions at Marigold Health
Something looks off?