Principal Software Engineer - Android
Principal Software Engineer - Android
Lose It! for Android has been a staple of the Google Play Health & Fitness category for years. Our product-first strategy has resulted in over 100k daily active Android users that we’re able to help live healthier lives. It’s important to us that we continue to improve our app, staying at the forefront of Android, and often adopting the very latest platform capabilities.
As a Principal Software Engineer on the Android team at Lose It!, you'll help design and build new features, products, and capabilities for our mobile app. We believe that small teams of talented people can do great things, so we're looking for someone that can contribute to all phases of building a great product.
- Lead and collaborate across multiple teams to set strategic goals, deliver on projects and drive the business forward
- Work with other engineers and teams to create and maintain features, products, and capabilities using Java and Kotlin
- Solve problems, squash bugs, maintain quality, and adapt quickly to change
- Lead discussions on developing features and contribute to weekly team meetings
- Independently own and complete tasks
- Be responsive to giving and receiving feedback including peer code review
- Live the Lose It! Values every day
What do we look for in a team member?
- Someone who is motivated, responsive, self-directed and can get things done autonomously with the help and support of the team
- Resolves any issues with processes and strategies for Android product
- Contributes a positive attitude and is highly influential within the Android development team and across the company
- Supports teammates and provides feedback; makes the developers around them better
- Has an extremely deep understanding of the Android platform and collaborates with others outside engineering to define strategy for product
- Has hands-on experience writing code
- Consistently asks questions and uses answers to solve problems
Want to learn more about us beyond what you’re reading, come talk to us and find out firsthand what it’s like to work at Lose It! We encourage you to reach out to some of our team members to learn more about us. We are open, transparent and honest about who we are.
How to Apply
At the core of our mission, benefits, and mindset, we are here to help our customers. If you’re ready to create great products with a real impact on real people, we may be the company for you. Send us an email with your resume to our jobs email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title in the subject.
What We Have to Offer
When we are together in the office, it’s in the heart of downtown Boston in a modern workspace which matches our personality. We have the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. It’s never been a more exciting time to work in tech - come share in our success.
Lose It! offers incredible benefits, flexible hours, and a balanced approach to work and life. Here are some of our perks and benefits for full-time employees:
- 100% of monthly health, dental and vision care insurance premiums, less $1 nominal fee (50¢ per pay period) and an HRA component which pays 100% of any deductible amount
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA & DCA)
- 401k plan and matching program
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Bonus Program
- Medical/Parental leave benefits
- Generous paid time off, flexible hours and summer Fridays
- 1+ weeks for you and your family on our summer retreat
- Gym membership or wellness reimbursement
- Commuter subsidization and prime location for public transportation
- Casual dress code
- Frequent company outings and trips
Since the outbreak of COVID-19 our employees have been working remotely from their homes and some office related benefits are currently not active and/or have shifted while employees are working remotely including the addition of a one time home office stipend to reimburse employees for equipment costs. While we would love to be back in the office soon, employee health is a priority for us. All employees will have the option to work remotely minimally through September 2021 and we will adjust that date if needed.
Employment at Lose It! is based solely on a person’s qualifications. Lose It! does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, alienage, citizenship status, ethnicity, partnership status, caregiver status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, political affiliation, or union membership, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. We are committed to maintaining a respectful work environment and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Violation of our Anti-harassment policy will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment.
We are currently hiring in Boston, MA
Why Work at Lose It!
- Do you want to help people lose weight and live healthier lives? When our members succeed, we succeed.
- Are you looking to join a small, inclusive team that uses problem-solving and creativity to get things done? We take pride in what we do and how we deliver.
- Do you want to see the fruits of your labor? Everyone takes responsibility for the overall success of the company.
- Have questions? We may not always have the answers, but we will be honest in our response.
Compelling markets and technology: Lose It! is at the forefront of health and fitness, corporate wellness, machine learning, nutrigenomics and mobile and cloud computing.
Our legacy of success: Our members have lost over 100 million pounds, but it didn’t happen overnight and without hard work. Our founders are seasoned startup professionals; they've taken a company public, sold companies to Macromedia and Microsoft, and raised capital from firms ranging from General Catalyst to Polaris to United Healthcare's Innovation Group. Now we enjoy the energy of a start-up culture but with the stability of a profitable business with plans for the future. When our members succeed, we succeed. Come share in our success!
Small team, deep and interesting challenges: We may be a small team (under 50 people total), but we're always pushing each other to be better at what we do. Sometimes that means wearing different hats and learning new skills to get things done.
Professional growth opportunities: We encourage continuous learning through sponsoring employees to attend conferences and seminars to network, expand their knowledge and build their skillset. We also incorporate team building exercises, brainstorming sessions, and retreats to optimize how we work together as a team.
Professional development opportunities: We are always learning. Whether it’s together in our work, attending conferences, training or networking with others, we bring back knowledge and share what we’ve learned with our team.
We have fun together: We love what we do and as a team we have a genuine camaraderie with one another. The work isn’t always easy but we enjoy the challenge of problem-solving together.