Home Health Aide
Long Term Solutions
JOB SEEKERS – BE AWARE!
As we continue to evolve through the digital age, consumers need to be aware of online scams that use false employment opportunities. These opportunities can service in a multitude of ways from a fraudulent job posting to scammers reaching out to you about a potential work-from-home job. LHC Group cares about the communities we serve and we want to ensure you are prepared for these criminal acts.
Here are a few key steps to help identify the authenticity of the job you are interested in:
1. Be skeptical of personal e-mail addresses. Any legitimate recruiter, HR person, or hiring manager will contact you from a corporate e-mail and never Gmail, Hotmail, AOL, Yahoo, or other free personal e-mail addresses.
2. Never pay to get a job. Legitimate employers will never ask you to send money to acquire a job.
3. Never accept money before working. Never agree to have money deposited into any of your accounts during the job search process.
4. Video interviews – Ensure the company representative is live in the interview. Legitimate recruiters, HR and hiring managers will always show their live self during a video interview.
5. Work from Home – Be cautious of any work from home job opportunity. Especially if you have been contacted by a person with a personal e-mail address, offers to conduct interviews without displaying their live image, and wants to send you money before you work.
6. Verify the job – Legitimate employers will post the position on their career site. Verify that job is on the career site and apply directly through the company’s official site. If you don’t find the job OR a similar job, chances are it is a scam.
If you have been victimized by a scam job offer, please use the resources below for additional help and to report the incident: