We are hiring for a Full-Time Home Health Speech Language Pathologist.\n
At Caretenders, a part of LHC Group, we embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy the meaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient, their families, each other, and the communities we serve—it truly is all about helping people. You can find a home for your career here. \n
As a Therapist, you can expect:\n
- the ability to build in-person trusted therapist-patient relationships \n
- continuing education and tuition reimbursement opportunities \n
- independence and autonomy \n
- career growth possibilities \n
Give your passion to serve others and your drive for better, more advanced quality healthcare.\n
- Provides services within the scope of practice as defined by the state laws governing the practice of speech therapy, in accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other members of the health care team. \n
- Evaluates the patient's level of function by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability tests. Assists the physician in the development of the therapy plan of care. \n
- Treats patients to communicate effectively by expressing thoughts according to the patient's condition using acceptable standards of practice. \n
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and/or physician the patient's response to treatment and changes in the patient's condition. \n
- Instructs the patient, the family and/or caregiver and other members of the health care team in areas of speech therapy in which they can participate. \n
- Visits patient according to plan of treatment, completes a progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC policy . \n
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the ST plan of care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation. \n
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as necessary. \n
- Provides in-services to agency staff upon request of supervising nurse. \n
- Sends the supervising nurse and/or the physician a written summary report on patient's condition at least every 60 days. \n
Education and Experience
- Must be currently licensed in Speech Therapy in the state of practice.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Must have a current driver's license and vehicle insurance, and access to a dependable vehicle or public transportation.
Caretenders VS of Boston, LLC a part of LHC Group, is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about helping people.