Kernal Biologics is creating mRNA drugs that instruct specific cells in the body on how to make their own medicine. We are seeking a highly motivated talented student to fill a Co-op position to support the development of mRNA 2.0 therapeutics in immuno-oncology. The ideal candidate is experienced and excited about lab-based scientific work and will become an integral member of our Immuno-Oncology team to support existing projects and novel programs. You will be performing experimental research while learning new skills and cutting-edge technologies.
Key Responsibilities: Assist with the team with in vitro and in vivo experiments. Execute, understand, document and present the design of in vivo experiments and in vitro cell-based assays to solve biological questions. Learn how to work with minimal supervision and generate decision-making data.
- B.S. or lab-experienced student in Biology, Immunology, Pharmacology, or related biological degree
- Reliable, detail-oriented and able to work full-time (35-40 hours/week) throughout the ≧6 months Co-Op.
- Previous laboratory experience (≧6 months) strongly preferred. Ideally skilled in mammalian cell culture, and immunoassays (Western blotting, ELISA).
- Comfortable working in an in vitro and in vivo setting. Basic experience with handling mice is a plus.
- Basic knowledge of cancer biology and immunology.
- Eagerness to grow and develop as a scientist.
Insurance (health, dental, vision)
Paid vacation: summer and winter shutdown weeks plus national holidays
Compensation: $20-25/hour based on the experience
Kernal is dedicated to providing a diverse work environment and is committed to equal employment opportunity for all its employees and qualified applicants. We do not discriminate in employment practices for reasons of race, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, religion, disability, or any other legally protected status. Kernal will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law.