Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist Immuno-Oncology
Kernal is seeking a Senior Scientist / Principal Scientist who wishes to play a key role in advancing novel immunotherapy drug candidates to the clinic. The ideal candidate will act as resource in Immuno-Oncology across the organization and is looking to make an impact in a biotech startup environment.
- Responsible for initiating, planning and executing experiments that supports projects relevant to cancer immunotherapy and immunology
- Perform various in vitro and ex-vivo assays utilizing cellular, molecular and translational biology techniques
- Design and executing in vivo studies to assess preclinical efficacy of Kernal proprietary mRNAs
- Generate, analyze and interpret research data and oversee proper documentation and scientific findings. Must be willing to work at the bench.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff
- Doctorate in Immunology, Oncology or relevant scientific discipline with a strong publication record.
- Experience post Ph.D. in pharmaceutical or biotechnology settings is highly desired. 2+ (Senior Scientist), 5+ years (Principal Scientist)
- Expertise in drug discovery in oncology / immunology related projects
- Experience in biochemical and cell-based assays (FACS, Flow cytometry, western blot, ELISA, single cell RNAseq, ICS etc…)
- Expertise with tumor models (syngeneic, GEMM, humanized)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with ambitious goals in a growing biotech
- Competitive compensation package
- Excellent healthcare coverage
- Highly competitive 401(k)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Generous vacation and sick days
- Paid parental leave, family caregiver leave, medical leave
- Comprehensive insurance coverage
- On-site cafe with complementary snacks and drinks
- Monthly subway pass, or a subsidized commuter rail pass
- Free MIT athletics gym membership
- Free Bluebikes membership