Post-Doctoral Researcher - Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Knowledge Graphs (KG)
Johnson & Johnson
Janssen Research & Development, a Johnson & Johnson company, is recruiting for the role of a Post-Doctoral Researcher – Natural Language Processing and Knowledge Graphs . The location for this role includes Spring House, PA; Titusville, NJ; La Jolla, CA; San Francisco, CA; Cambridge, MA; Beerse, Belgium; Leiden, the Netherlands; High Wycombe, the UK; Neuss, Germany; Zug, Switzerland. Remote work options may be considered on a case-by-case basis and if approved by the Company.
Janssen Research & Development develops treatments that improve the health and well-being of people worldwide. Research and development areas encompass oncology, cardiovascular and metabolic disorders, immunology, pulmonary hypertension, neuroscience, and infectious diseases. Our goal is to help people live longer and healthier lives. We have produced and marketed many first-in-class prescription medications and are poised to serve the broad needs of the healthcare market – from patients to practitioners and from clinics to hospitals. To learn more about Janssen Research & Development, one of the Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, please visit https://www.janssen.com/ .
The Data Science Analytics & Insights team of Janssen R&D is seeking a highly motivated and forward-thinking Post-Doctoral Researcher with a primary research focus of natural language processing (NLP) and knowledge graphs (KG). The candidate will help devise novel data science methodologies to make sense of complex biomolecular knowledge across therapeutic areas to accelerate AI-driven target discovery.
- Develop, validate, and apply knowledge-driven solutions via NLP and/or KG methodologies to solve timely scientific problems in support of efforts across drug development lifecycle.
- Partner with research colleagues to enable compelling decision-making solutions by extracting knowledge from structured and unstructured biomedical literature to make insights actionable.
- Serve as a domain “thought leader” by clearly communicating to leadership emerging approaches and methodologies within the NLP and/or KG space with a clear understanding of their practical applications within the industry.
- Demonstrate ability to publish results in leading journals and conferences.
- A Ph.D. degree in NLP or a related discipline (ex. computational linguistics, computer science, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, applied mathematics, statistics) obtained within the last 3 years.
- Proven track record in relevant domain (ex. text mining, graph analytics, machine learning) backed by publications in top-tier journals and conferences.
- Experience with natural language inference, named entity recognition, ontology mapping, graph data structures, graph analytics, etc.
- Proficiency in one or more programming languages – preferably Python and/or R.
- Proficiency with basic and advanced NLP techniques (ex. word2vec, RNNs, transformer neural networks, BERT, GPT) and development tools (ex. TensorFlow, PyTorch, HuggingFace, spaCy, NLTK).
- Ability to continuously learn and acquire new knowledge and skills within industry setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate technical work to a wide and diverse audience.
- Positive and motivated attitude with the ability to work both independently and in a diverse, multi-disciplinary team.
- Background in biology or related field and/or experience with biomedical literature or data.
- Strong understanding of statistics and applicable methods to validate models.
- Familiarity with cloud solutions (ex. AWS and/or Azure) and graph platforms (ex. Neptune, Neo4J)
At Johnson & Johnson, we’re on a mission to change the trajectory of health for humanity. That starts by creating the world’s healthiest workforce. Through cutting-edge programs and policies, we empower the physical, mental, emotional and financial health of our employees and the ones they love. As such, depending on location and subject to local legislation, candidates offered employment may be required to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or, in certain countries, secure an approved accommodation prior to the commencement of employment to support the well-being of our employees, their families and the communities in which we live and work. If you are invited to interview for the position, your recruiter will advise on the vaccine requirement status in your geographic location.
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Something looks off?