Privacy Director - US MedTech
Johnson & Johnson
Johnson & Johnson is recruiting for a Privacy Director - US MedTech. This role can work from any of our MedTech sites in the United States:
- New Brunswick, NJ
- Raritan, NJ
- West Chester, PA
- Washington, DC
- Raynham, MA
- Santa Clara, CA
- Redwood City, CA
- San Jose, CA
- Irvine, CA
- Cincinnati, OH
- Warsaw, IN
Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for over 130 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.
Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly-based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the Pharmaceutical and MedTech markets. There are more than 250 Johnson & Johnson operating companies employing over 135,000 people and with products touching the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world. If you have the talent and desire to touch the world, Johnson & Johnson has the career opportunities to help make it happen.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
The Privacy Director - US MedTech, is a core member of the Global Privacy Team reporting to the Senior Director, Privacy – North America MedTech and Corporate. The Director is responsible for working with the other members of the Global Privacy Team to drive the privacy compliance program worldwide, and to manage the privacy compliance efforts for the MedTech operating companies in the US, to ensure business practices and activities are in compliance with J&J internal guidelines and policies regarding privacy, and with applicable data privacy, internet, and patient privacy laws.
- Manages and guides privacy compliance efforts for MedTech operating companies and supervises and guides privacy team reporting to the Director. This leader will also implement effective privacy compliance programs designed to address privacy risks by applying Privacy by Design principles, addressing training needs and providing guidance so that our core Privacy programs meet regulatory, legal and J&J privacy obligations.
- Proactively advances new and evolving business models, technologies and growth strategies, including development of new products, personalized implants, robotics, digital surgery, virtual training and operating room support, data driven clinical trial development and sensor and AI strategies. Where necessary work closely with the privacy teams in the International Markets to ensure we have a consistent approach to implement MedTech programs involving North America.
- Establishes strong working relationships with key leaders in the MedTech sector and plays a lead role in raising awareness of privacy issues and communicating the strategic priorities for personal data protection while working closely with the leadership and project teams to design and implement new solutions in the MedTech segment.
- Participates and oversees the implementation of privacy initiatives in the MedTech sector and North America region including developing and deploying the Privacy Framework training, education and awareness for the MedTech operating companies consistent with Global Privacy communication plan.
- Partners with the Corporate and Pharmaceutical Directors to determine and communicate strategic direction for the North America privacy officers in driving privacy compliance programs in the U.S. and Canada operating companies.
- Partners with the Global Privacy Program Office and Data Protection Legal to determine the strategy for privacy compliance with respect to standardized privacy policies and procedures, training plans, testing and monitoring plans, metrics and risk assessments, and other operational activities.
- Represents North America on project teams related to privacy compliance in scope. Advises the Chief Privacy Officer and other members of the Privacy Leadership Team of external industry developments, recommends potential responses, policy changes, and solutions. Participates in regional and global project teams as appropriate and assists Government Affairs & Policy in assessing and influencing the external environment on privacy matters.
- Advises companies within scope on Privacy incidents and helps determines strategy for communicating with individuals whose data is involved and/or interacts with data protection and/or enforcement authorities, as appropriate and work on privacy due diligence requirements for acquisitions and third- party vendors and suppliers in the MedTech segment, as applicable.
- The Privacy Director will manage key relationships with Johnson & Johnson including business colleagues and management at various levels from the franchises, affiliates and operating companies; Chief Privacy Officer, members of the Privacy Leadership Team and the Global Privacy Team; Program Office; Human Resources management; Information Security Officers; Data Protection Legal; and Compliance Committees. The Privacy Director will also manage relationships outside of Johnson & Johnson including consultants, industry peers, and industry associations.
- Responsible for managing a North America MedTech Privacy Team, including defining personal goals and performance management of the group, fostering DE&I, and building a cohesive and collaborative culture. Will ensure our organization has a strong, diverse pipeline of talent and good training and development programs in place to grow and develop capabilities. Where necessary, put forward a business case for additional resources to advance business priorities and compliance plus undertake talent acquisition, on-boarding and professional development to raise level of expertise of the team, fostering a Credo culture of inclusion and collaboration.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree is required. An advanced degree is preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- A minimum of 10 years of overall experience is required.
- Strong, direct people management experience is required.
- Experience in the MedTech, Life Sciences and/or Healthcare industries is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience and demonstrated leadership in Privacy compliance is required.
- Experience creating and implementing a compliance program is required.
- A proven track record of success in an environment that demands a sound understanding of the need to balance complex legal/regulatory/public policy issues within the structural and operational realities is required.
- Strong focus on business partnering and solutioning and ability to operate effectively in a matrix structure is required.
- Cross-functional and/or cross-sector experience is preferred.
- An IAPP Privacy certification is strongly preferred (CIPP/US, CIPM, CIPT).
- This position requires knowledge of the U.S. federal and state data protection and privacy laws including HIPAA; knowledge of compliance management; knowledge of business practices that involve the collection, use and processing of personally identifiable information or protected health information.
The base pay range for this position is $137,000-$235,750. The Company maintains highly competitive, performance-based compensation programs. Under current guidelines, this position is eligible for an annual performance bonus in accordance with the terms of the applicable plan. The annual performance bonus is a cash bonus intended to provide an incentive to achieve annual targeted results by rewarding for individual and the corporation’s performance over a calendar/ performance year. Bonuses are awarded at the Company’s discretion on an individual basis.
Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs such as health insurance, savings plan, pension plan, disability plan, vacation pay, sick time, holiday pay, and work, personal and family time off in accordance with the terms of the applicable plans. For additional general information on company benefits, please go to: https://www.careers.jnj.com/employee-benefits .
Johnson & Johnson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
For more information on how we support the whole health of our employees throughout their wellness, career and life journey, please visit www.careers.jnj.com .
Something looks off?