Senior Advisor, Public Sector Health and Human Services
Have you devoted your career to public service? Do you want to make a difference on a larger scale? Looking to build your personal brand as a subject matter expert? InterSystems is seeking a Senior Advisor for our North American and International public sector teams.
As a senior-level individual contributor with deep understanding of public sector operations, procurement, and regulatory processes, you will partner with our public sector team to identify potential opportunities and better serve existing customers. You’ll advise the product team on new functionality. You’ll serve as a market evangelist and as the face of InterSystems to industry collaboratives. And you’ll develop product marketing content with an authentic voice.
InterSystems has been a leader in the data management, interoperability, and digital health space since its inception. InterSystems technology powers regional and national health information networks for more than 160 million US citizens as well as many of the most successful networks outside North America. Our partnerships with US and international public agencies span more than 45 years and include state Medicaid programs, the US Veterans Administration, NHS England, the UAE Ministry of Health, and numerous others across 6 continents.
Today, more than 1 billion health records worldwide are dependent upon InterSystems technology. That tech includes our HealthShare interoperability product suite, InterSystems IRIS for Health, the data platform created specifically for the development of healthcare solutions, and TrakCare, our electronic medical record system deployed in 28 countries outside the US.
This new role will focus initially on North America, with the potential for limited international work.
- Shape product vision – Lead the cross-functional product strategy team and provide market guidance to the Product Management, Market Strategy and Sales teams. Contribute to market research in conjunction with the Market Intelligence team.
- Provide general internal subject matter expertise and deliver internal education.
- Regulatory monitoring – Track relevant regulatory initiatives and evaluate impact to market, product, and sales requirements; as needed, work with Corporate Strategy to provide input to rule-making processes.
- Product marketing – develop positioning, messaging, and content. Advise on cross functional planning for lead generation campaigns.
- Sales enablement - Educate the sales team on market needs and buyer personas, assist with sales messaging and demo development, contribute to sales strategies and bids for individual opportunities, identify channels and partners.
- Customer success – Work with account and customer success teams, Product Management, and customers to facilitate dialogue and feed customer input back into InterSystems processes and products. Share customer success stories with the marketplace in a variety of formats.
- Market evangelism – Engage in a variety of messaging formats - speaking, articles, blog posts, media comments – to promote awareness of InterSystems. Recruit customer/outside speakers and writers. Act as the InterSystems representative to relevant associations and industry workgroups.
- 15+ years of relevant experience, ideally including time spent working with legislators and policy makers, and/or time within one or more local, state, defense, or federal health and human services agencies, e.g., child and family services, Medicaid, Social Security Administration.
- Deep understanding of the issues, operations and regulatory processes affecting the procurement and use of Information Technology in health and human services agencies. For example, health equity challenges, Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA), Federal and/or state funding processes.
- Preference for experience with interoperability and the HL7® FHIR® standard.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills and a bias for action and hands-on content development.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional role
- Able to travel.
- Located within commuting distance of Boston, MA, or Tyson’s Corner, VA for a hybrid office-home work experience.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree highly preferred
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.