Quality Development Engineer
Join InterSystems and help us build the next generation of the EMR. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose InterSystems, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Work as a Quality Development Engineer embedded in a cross-functional agile development team focusing on product quality. Agile teams consist of developers, product and quality specialists collectively responsible for all stages of product development from design to validation.
About the Product:
Healthcare organizations in 25 countries are making breakthroughs in patient care with TrakCare, a unified healthcare information system that enables coordinated care within a hospital or across care settings throughout a region — facilitating a seamless patient journey.
Clinicians and administrators use TrakCare to improve safety and outcomes, control costs by eliminating duplicate tests, reduce medication errors, expedite billing, maximize resource utilization, and achieve other strategic initiatives.
Built on InterSystems’ health informatics platform, HealthShare, TrakCare creates a consolidated view of each patient’s history, provides secure access to records at every point of care and on any Internet-connected device, enables interoperability with legacy and future applications, and performs analytics that provide real-time insights to drive fully-informed actions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The duties initially assigned include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute as a subject matter expert in a cross-functional agile development team building and maintaining healthcare software solutions.
- Identify functional, usability and performance issues in application design or implemented functionality.
- Design detailed testing scenarios to validate application functionality and performance.
- Record test scenarios into automated regression scripts using InterSystems test automation toolkit.
- Coordinate and plan regression script coverage for release validation.
- Creation and maintenance of documentation including functional specifications, user stories, agile processes, and team reports.
- Other duties may be directed by the company from time to time.
- Education in Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics, or equivalent.
- Background in informatics or healthcare technology, or related field.
- Experience in Automated Testing.
- Good understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software testing principles.
- Previous experience working with healthcare applications as an end user or vendor.
- Demonstrated interest in IT and the application of technology to add value and/or solve problems.
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in either Microsoft or Mac Operating Systems.
- Experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- A flexible and adaptable approach to learning new methodology, technologies and software products.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.