Senior Systems Architect
The Senior Systems Architect will have extensive experience in identifying requirements for system architecture, performance, capacity, optimizations and advising project and program leadership in relation to the VA VDIF Program. They will be skilled at finding strategies for addressing requirements through the development and deployment of compliant, scalable, and resilient architectures.
- Analyze technical and architectural system requirements against fiscal, schedule, and performance constraints and recommends other program staff on these matters.
- Take program requirements and create a technical and architectural system vision for high volume and high availability networks and systems that support the VDIF program.
- Provide guidance to other technical staff on technical and architectural system vision, creates, and conveyed these concepts to team members for a program or project.
- Serves as arbiter for system design choices of software developers, including but not limited to platforms, hardware specifications, operating system, cloud, and technical levels.
- Advises technical staff on their compliance with standards and enforces standards and practices within the team by offering guidance.
- Supplies guidance to the development team, recommending technical architectures, model design, development patterns, migration strategies, upgrade procedures, and operational best practices.
- Performs review of diagrams, enterprise and application architecture for compliance and compatibility; standards review and quality assurance; development of architectural frameworks for newly defined requirements, which can be used by other architects within scrum and development teams.
- Advises on re-architecture of existing systems, applications, and solutions. This includes understanding business requirements that led to existing customizations and redesigning, where possible, to bring the solutions as close to standard product as possible.
- Based on the above, work with Product Management teams to mitigate the need for customizations by providing supportable and upgrade-proof hooks and/or considering code modifications for generally available product.
- Attends, at a minimum, weekly Architectural GAB discussions, upgrade discussions, VDIF-NEXT weekly meetings and all conferences germane to the position.
- 10 years of related experience
- Extensive technology performance, capacity and optimization experience and thorough knowledge of a variety of technical architecture (InterSystems Products preferred).
- Experience with engineering enterprise level solutions for VA technology implementations and support programs including VISTA, and/or federal government programs is a plus.
- Master's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering, or other engineering or technical discipline is preferred.
- Certified SAFe Architect
- All employees working on this program shall complete all required VA Talent Management System (TMS) training courses within 14 days of the identification of the access need. The new hire shall complete the proper VA TMS role-based training courses for all Contractors with required access to Elevated Privileges
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.