Senior Advisor, Health Plans
Are you a health insurance product lead with a bent for health policy? Looking for an opportunity to shape the future of a business? Looking to build your personal brand as a subject matter expert? InterSystems is seeking a Senior Advisor to guide our fastest growing North American market segment - health plans. As a senior-level individual contributor with deep understanding of both the commercial and public sector payer spaces, you will keep your fingers on the pulse of relevant regulatory policy. You’ll advise the product team on new functionality. You’ll serve as a market evangelist and as the face of InterSystems to industry collaboratives like the HL7 DaVinci Project. And you’ll develop product marketing content with an authentic voice.
InterSystems has been a leader in the data management, interoperability, and digital health space since its inception. We work with health insurers, providers, regional health networks, MedTech, and health IT companies like Epic and 3M. Today, more than 1 billion health records worldwide are managed using InterSystems technology. That tech includes our HealthShare interoperability product suite, InterSystems IRIS for Health, the data platform created specifically for the development of healthcare solutions, and TrakCare, our electronic medical record system deployed in 28 countries outside the US.
- Shape product vision – Lead the cross-functional product strategy team and provide market guidance to the Product Management, Market Strategy and Sales teams. Contribute to market research in conjunction with the Market Intelligence team.
- Provide general internal subject matter expertise and deliver internal education on US public and commercial payers, state Medicaid programs, ACOs and other related areas.
- Regulatory monitoring – Track relevant regulatory initiatives and evaluate impact to market, product, and sales requirements; as needed, work with Corporate Strategy to provide input to rule-making processes.
- Product marketing – develop positioning, messaging, and content for the payer market segment. Advise on cross functional planning for lead generation campaigns.
- Sales enablement - Educate the sales team on market needs and buyer personas, assist with sales messaging and demo development, contribute to sales strategies and bids for individual opportunities, identify channels and partners.
- Customer success – Work with account and customer success teams, Product Management, and customers to facilitate dialogue and feed customer input back into InterSystems processes and products. Share customer success stories with the marketplace in a variety of formats.
- Market evangelism – Engage in a variety of messaging formats - speaking, articles, blog posts, media comments – to promote awareness of InterSystems in the health plan segment. Recruit customer/outside speakers and writers. Act as the InterSystems representative to relevant associations and industry workgroups.
- 10+ years of relevant experience, ideally including time spent working within a payer organization as well as in the payer IT vendor space. Preference for experience with interoperability and the HL7 FHIR standard.
- Deep understanding of health plan operations
- Deep understanding of the business, regulatory, and policy issues related to US commercial and public sector payers including value-based purchasing, quality measurement, information sharing rules, payment and benefit redesign, etc.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills and a bias for action and hands-on content development.
- Comfortable working in a cross-functional role
- Able to travel within the US.
- Located within commuting distance of Boston, MA, New York City, or Tyson’s Corner, VA for a hybrid office/home work experience. Strong preference for the Boston area.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree preferred
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.