Health Plan Executive
InterSystems has been a leader in the digital health space since its inception. We work with healthcare payers, providers, regional health networks, MedTech, and health IT companies like Epic and 3M. Today, more than 1 billion health records worldwide are managed using InterSystems technology. That technology includes our HealthShare interoperability product suite, TrakCare, our electronic medical record system deployed in 28 countries outside the US, and InterSystems IRIS for Health, the data platform created specifically for the development of healthcare solutions.
Our HealthShare Platform products provides advanced technology for strategic interoperability and analytics for action, bringing care delivery data to health plans at a tremendous scale. We enable Health Plans to meet regulatory requirements, improve care coordination and care management, make operational processes more efficient, enhance quality and streamline measurement, and optimize network performance.
This post of Health Plan Executive is newly created and is the result of our recognition that specific expertise and focus are required for our fastest growing business segment: United States Health Plans. Our team of Subject Matter Experts continues to expand its capabilities and the opportunity for impact in this role is profound.
Reporting to the Director of North American Sales Engineering, the Health Plan Executive is responsible for contributing to a clearly defined sales strategy for the Health Plan sales force, and directly participating in the execution of that plan. The execution of this strategy in partnership with field sales teams in the United States will support sustained growth and enhance brand equity and awareness.
- Work closely with business unit leadership to enhance our Health Plan go-to-market and sales strategies.
- Work closely with Field Sales to educate them on customer buying patterns and devise strategies to accelerate opportunity development to closure, based on their target accounts and overall go-to-market strategy.
- Provide input and leadership of creative sales campaigns, programs, and materials.
- Ensure effective and consistent usage of key themes and messaging.
- Drive creation of product and market-specific content (Sales Presentations, Product Demonstrations, etc.) which align to core product management and marketing value propositions, support lead generation campaigns (for instance, identifying campaign themes) and identify and present customer success stories.
- Participate in PR, analyst, social media activities, and public speaking at various types of events.
- Conduct research about buyers’ needs and competitors’ offerings to identify and devise differentiation strategies for sales opportunities.
- Extensive prior work experience in healthcare and with healthcare technology.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience working for a Health Plan in two or more functional areas of the Health Plan.
- 3 years’ experience with technology or consulting organizations which support Health Plans.
- Evidence of highly creative thinking translating into tangible and positive business outcomes.
- A demonstrable track record of leading successful sales initiatives.
- Solid writing skills and experience assisting with RFP/RFI responses.
- Experience and solid understanding of Health Plan regulations and requirements.
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Positive, inquisitive attitude and a strong work ethic.
Education & Training
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; master’s degree preferred.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.