Senior Solutions Engineer
The Senior Solutions Engineer will work with senior management to help the regional Sales and Delivery teams define InterSystems solutions and provide feedback on proposed solutions. The Senior Solutions Engineer will also undertake competitor analysis to help define the InterSystems value proposition and enhance win rates. They will help define solutions for international sales opportunities and Managed Services offerings within InterSystems that involve one or more InterSystems products or offerings and help drive the go-to-market strategy and related operational plans. They will develop and integrate market and related research into defined solutions to ensure correct positioning for solutions and represent the company at customer, partner and industry events. The role will be both client and supplier facing, with an anticipated 60% of time involved in client-facing activities.
Lastly, the Senior Solutions Engineer works with Development and Product Management regarding both TrakCare and HealthShare to provide input from the field back into product and work with development to identify and resolve product issues.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for all aspects of solution definition during the Sales process; architecture (business, process, application, data and technology), functional component choices, integration and interfacing requirements, technical delivery definition – managed service, hosting, cloud, security and non-functional areas including performance, deployment and configuration and operational support.
- Responsibility for liaising with product development and delivery partners, both within InterSystems and with third parties for additional solution components as required. This will mean working closely with each of the InterSystems product group owners responsible for strategic direction and development.
- In support of pre-Sales, Sales and procurement activities and opportunities, the role will partner closely with the regional Sales team responsible for each opportunity to ensure successful delivery of bid proposals.
- In support of delivery activities, the role with help mentor implementation staff to build product expertise, refine implementation methodology, identify product gaps and requirements as well as define solution architectures that address immediate client needs and satisfy future requirements in a stable and reliable way.
- Lead on solution governance within InterSystems, ensuring all relevant parties are in agreement on the proposed solution, the associated costs, and functional, non-functional requirements, including financial, commercial and legal.
- Builds in-depth knowledge of customer business priorities, challenges and initiative that can be translated back into InterSystems solution opportunities.
- Responsibility for determining a common approach to proposed solutions i.e. establishing and maintaining a common solution set or Solution Packs, relevant to and in support of multiple bids. This will involve not only the ongoing liaison with individual product owners, but also input into the strategic portfolio direction taken by InterSystems.
- The Solution Architect role bridges the product development, delivery and Sales organizations. Close alignment, communications and reporting with relevant managers and executives is, therefore, key.
- Excellent customer relationship management skills
- Strong track record of developing and leading solution/product strategy
- Strong operational experience in Healthcare IT
- At least 5 years of solution Sales experience working in a Health Sciences-related field
- Experience leading efforts resulting in $1M+ transaction value
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively in support of the changing business needs
- In-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices
- Knowledge of competitive and partner products, technology and solutions
- Ability to engage and manage teams with diverse backgrounds
- An effective and credible storyteller with a strong ability to map customer challenges to our capabilities, regardless of the practice or competency, and can link those conversations back to business outcomes
- Effective presentation skills
Education and Training:
- University degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree preferred
- Experience with InterSystems technology, financial and healthcare systems highly desirable
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.