Interoperability Product Manager
InterSystems HealthShare is the leading health data interoperability and innovation platform which unifies data from across the healthcare landscape. HealthShare is used for state and national health data exchange as well as data interoperability, analytics, and more for care delivery and healthcare payer organizations.
HealthShare Product Managers own the voice of the customer for their product and are responsible for translating market needs into coherent product strategy, roadmap, and execution. The Product Manager interacts with all parts of the business including sales, support, engineering, documentation, marketing, and legal. A great product manager can translate effortlessly between market and technical requirements, empowering their scrum teams with the subject matter expertise needed to build great products.
The Product Manager for HealthShare Data Transformations (HSDT) owns the canonical clinical data model (SDA) for the HealthShare product suite as well as transformations between healthcare interoperability standards and SDA. The HSDT Product Manager is responsible for keeping up-to-date on interoperability standards and regulations (US and International) around healthcare standards and data management. The HSDT Product Manager will often advise customers on current healthcare interoperability rules such as 21st Century Cures Act and USCDI.
- Serve as an Agile Product Owner for a Scrum team.
- Develop strategy, roadmap, and product backlog for owned product areas.
- Operate independently with little daily oversight.
- Represent the “voice of the customer” in guiding product design and development.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more health, technology and/or informatics domain areas.
- Perform detailed analysis of business and technical problems.
- Educate and consult with internal teams and customers to help them understand trends, threats, and opportunities in the market.
- Interact with engineering teams on a daily basis to ensure quality, timely delivery of solutions.
- Participate in the professional community, including attendance at national and international conferences.
- Public speaking to technical and non-technical audiences of 100+ attendees.
- 5+ years of experience in healthcare or related field or combination of experience and related education.
- Understand basics of healthcare delivery or healthcare insurance operations
- Understand core concepts of software development and technology.
- (Analytics) Experience with SQL, database design, and related concepts.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Must be a self-starter and able to learn independently using written and video training.
- Prior experience in product management.
- (Interoperability) Experience with Healthcare Standards: HL7 FHIR, HL7 CDA, HL7 V2, X12, IHE, SNOMED, LOINC, ICD
- Agile Scrum Product Owner
- (Analytics) Experience with data processing, ETL, ELT, data lakes.
- (Analytics) Experience with data analysis tools such as: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, SAS, R, Jupyter Notebooks, etc.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in a technical, business management, or healthcare-related field. Advanced degree preferred.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.