Product Manager- Python Developer
Join InterSystems and help us delight developers with our data platform. You will be the subject matter expert and evangelist for modern developers, focused on the end-to-end experience for Python Developers through the entire development cycle, and ensure that we meet the needs of current and future developers. InterSystems has built Python directly into the kernel of our high-performance database, and we want to grow this and increase our differentiation in this area.
Making developers successful is key to creating platforms that have long-lasting impact. As the Product Manager for Python Developer Experience, you'll help build InterSystems into the first choice for developers building massively scalable, interoperable, analytic applications. This is an exciting opportunity to act as the key connection between developers and the rest of the team, responsible for creating and executing the vision InterSystems’ developer experience. You'll work closely with multiple groups in the company to define the vision, identify opportunities, and drive impact for both developers and InterSystems. The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of software developer needs, strong cross-functional and communication skills, and good instincts for balancing process vs value.
A particular focus of this role is delighting developers who are deep in Python and want to leverage data science and machine learning as part of their data-intensive applications.
- Identify opportunities to improve developer success on the InterSystems data platform, with special focus on Python, SQL, and data science
- Develop and maintain the Python roadmap, both for embedded Python (server-side) and client-side Python development.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on successfully building and launching new products and features
- Identify and track developer problems, interests, and preferences from the market perspective, through firsthand knowledge, secondary research, and interviews and interactions with prospects, customers, and the industry at large
- Define and shepherd the “whole product” including documentation, code samples, tools, as well as software required to delight developers
- Act as the voice of the Python developer to the broader organization, and as a key representative of the company to the developer community.
- Hands-on development experience with multiple languages and stacks, especially Python
- Passion for Python as a language and ecosystem
- Experience working on developer services or developer tools, and working with cross-functional teams to ship products
- Organizational experience managing multiple ongoing initiatives
- Proven flair for communications to technical audiences, including speaking, writing, and teaching experience.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience doing product management for enterprise software
- Practical experience with combining commercial and open-source software to build out a complete set of developer tools and examples
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.