Clinical Informatics Analyst
InterSystems products help hospitals, healthcare providers, health plans, researchers, and public health organizations take action on the full range of health data by unifying, transforming, and shaping the data for use in many ways. InterSystems software helps our customers understand state and national disease and treatment patterns, track chronic conditions and growing diseases such as Covid-19, measure and improve healthcare quality, alert when health risks occur, give patients better access to their health data, accelerate research, and much more.
The Informatics Analyst plays a key role in addressing vital issues such as these by developing the necessary content and solutions to understand and take action on health data.
The primary activities for this role fall into three areas:
1) understanding business requirements and information needs about healthcare and health industry problems such as the ones above,
2) refining and translating such requirements into analytic and logical models that leverage healthcare data standards and value sets to address those requirements,
3) making results actionable by designing interactive dashboards, alerts, visual displays, and other applications.
The work is both customer-facing (interacting with clinical leaders and operational leaders) and internal-facing (working with InterSystems health information experts and engineers).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews and extracts pertinent information from sources such as practice guidelines and industry regulations to create new content needed for measurement, analytics, and decision support.
- Designs analytic models and rules that address key customer business needs, using relevant health data models and industry standard frameworks (such as SNOMED, ICD10, LOINC, HL7 FHIR)
- Works with Data Management, Decision Support, and Analytics product teams and domain experts to optimize content for operation with current and future InterSystems tools and applications.
- Manages all aspects of solution modeling projects including timelines, signoff, scope changes, documentation, and project artifacts by applying established project management tools and methodologies.
- Creates and maintains artifacts that promote clear understanding of requirements, decisions, versioning, and project communications.
- Independently identifies and resolves routine issues and facilitates appropriate escalation of complex issues for timely resolution.
- Communicates project status to leadership and internal stakeholders and manages expectations as appropriate.
- Works closely with the engineering team to provide analytical guidance and models for new content-driven product development.
- Minimum of a BA/BS in Data Science, Data Analytics, Computer Science, Health Informatics, Nursing, or a related field
- 3 years of work experience as a business analyst, applications analyst, informatics analyst, data scientist, or data manager. Experience in a healthcare-related organization preferred.
- Experience with Power BI, Tableau, or similar
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Attention to detail, customer service orientation, and proven ability to perform work accurately and efficiently while also being flexible, versatile, and adaptable
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?