Senior Technical Specialist
The InterSystems IRIS Data Platform is the foundation for industry-leading applications with demanding scalability, resilience, and high availability requirements. InterSystems Learning Services supports customers, partners, and prospects as they learn, implement, and extend our platforms and applications. Our Learning Technology Team is looking for experienced candidates who are self-motivated, creative, and energetic problem solvers to join the team who support development and administration of the systems and environments used to deliver, track, and evaluate our online content.
As a member of this team, you will develop your technical, professional, and personal skills in a highly collaborative environment. You will participate in all stages of the software development lifecycle, develop and support both internally and externally facing applications, and gain experience working with vendors who contribute to our learning ecosystem.
This hybrid position is Cambridge, Massachusetts based.
- 4+ years of experience in a comparable role
- Experience building back-end web applications
- Experience writing in Python highly preferred
- Experience with Containerization and Virtualization for web apps
- Docker / Kubernetes experience preferred
- Experience supporting and troubleshooting live systems
- Success working within the CI/CD methodology
- Able to evaluate and implement new tools
- Comfortable with Windows and UNIX, especially Linux
- Strong communication skills are a must
- Source control using Perforce, Git or similar
- Experience working with cloud providers such as AWS or Azure
Education: BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?