InterSystems is looking for an energetic and Innovation Strategist to help drive our innovation ecosystem strategy and goals. The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker who can collaborate, and drive innovation through connecting insights and business opportunities into tangible ideas for innovation development.
The Innovation Strategist will be tasked with building and managing relationships with new and existing external partners, including but not limited to local innovation accelerators, start-ups, academic institutions (research/universities), current customers, technology vendors, and government agencies. In addition, the Innovation Development Manager will aim to uncover strategic innovation opportunities that align with our overall ecosystem engagement strategy.
Below are some of the responsibilities this role is expected to assume:
- Discover, qualify, and help develop partnership opportunities aligned with our innovation ecosystem engagement strategy and criteria.
- Cultivate high trust relationships with ecosystem partners needed to yield mutually beneficial innovative ideas and opportunities.
- Discover the “Why’s” behind problems in the field and work with partners to help identify opportunity areas for new innovative solutions that align with our ecosystem engagement strategy.
- Support existing partnerships and build long-term partner relationships that continuously add value to our innovation goals as an organization.
- Works cross functionally with the Innovation Structure team, legal, sales, and other departments as needed to help establish and maintain a sustainable operating model for collaborating with our partners. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Talent engagement across various teams/partners
- Communication processes
- Collaboration tools and processes
- Decision rights, performance, and financials
- Legal considerations
- Maintain strict client confidentiality.
- Develop effective prospecting strategies for approaching new partners.
- Suggest best practices and optimizations to our ecosystem engagement strategy.
Experience and Educational Requirements
Below are the qualifications expected of the Innovation Strategist:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- 5+ years of experience in Strategy or Product Development
- Experience with development, preparation, negotiation, review, and execution of a wide range of business contracts.
- Experience in facilitating partnerships with private sector entities and interacting with innovators/entrepreneurs.
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts and requirements as applicable to a large academic or research institution.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Flexible schedule, ability to accommodate meetings in various time zones.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous and demanding deadlines.
- Healthy analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Experience in a customer facing role.
- Travel up to 25%
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?