Senior FHIR Developer, FHIR Server
The Healthcare Technologies team builds native platform solutions that enable healthcare-specific platform capabilities. This development role in the Database Platforms department will contribute to the InterSystems IRIS for Health and InterSystems Health Connect products.
The Healthcare Technologies team needs a senior software developer who can enhance and maintain the platform’s native FHIR RESTful service, primarily on the backend. FHIR is the leading healthcare data standard and is constantly evolving. InterSystems is a leader in healthcare technology and aims to build industry leading solutions.
You are encouraged to apply if this role sounds interesting to you, even if you have doubts about being a competitive candidate. InterSystems prides itself on investing in its team members.
This position is at the InterSystems headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
This developer will design technical solutions in collaboration with a small team of developers according to product requirements defined by a product manager. They will be responsible for implementing product changes as well as automated tests when appropriate. All work must follow the team’s development workflow including use of source control, code reviews and clear documentation. This developer will be responsible for the quality of their code.
This role requires the candidate to occasionally respond to technical questions about expected product behavior and recommended best practices from support specialists and sales engineers. They may also occasionally be required to clearly communicate with the release engineering team that is responsible for continuous integration infrastructure as well as product packaging and distribution.
The technology stack includes Java, ObjectScript and InterSystems IRIS.
- 2+ years of experience with the FHIR standard
- Experience building secure web services with SMART on FHIR
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Self-driven and confident in their skills
- Positively responds to feedback
- Motivated by excellence and constant improvement
- 3+ years of experience with python, Java or a similar programming language
- College degree in a technical field like engineering or science
- Graduate degree with any amount of professional experience or undergrad degree with 3+ years of professional experience
- Professional experience with a variety of data models (key-value, relational, object, document)
- Professional experience with other health messaging standards like HL7
- Professional experience with healthcare IT interface engineering
- Professional experience with full-stack development
- Professional experience with ObjectScript
- Professional experience with InterSystems IRIS Interoperability
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.
Something looks off?