Product Marketing Manager, Data Platform
InterSystems is seeking an experienced product marketing professional and subject matter expert for our flagship data platform product, InterSystems IRIS. The candidate should have proven success in product marketing roles at data management software companies, with an understanding of data management technologies and relevant customer challenges and initiatives.
InterSystems provides next generation data management software that powers mission critical production applications for more than 10,000 customers globally. These organizations rely on InterSystems technology to power next generation solutions for a variety of mission critical applications throughout financial services, healthcare, supply chain, manufacturing, and other industries. Our software provides line-of-business leaders with on-demand visibility and analytics across distributed data and application silos to power real time decisions and actions, and is used to create mission-critical transactional-analytic applications to solve a broad range of business challenges.
As the product marketing manager for our data platform business, the successful candidate will:
- Develop the positioning, messaging, product marketing strategy, and the sales and marketing content for InterSystems IRIS specifically for technical audiences, including enterprise architects, CTOs, CIOs, CDOs, CDAOs, data stewards, and developers
- Define integrated marketing campaigns, and work closely with the global marketing organization for execution
- Train and guide the global marketing and sales teams on capabilities, messaging, go-to-market strategy and tactics, partnerships, competition, and other initiatives
- Perform and communicate competitive analysis on the relevant competitive technology vendors
- Advance brand and product awareness with target audiences through speaking, writing, participation in industry and marketing events, and via other channels that present the company externally
- Drive business growth by working hand-in-hand with regional sales and marketing teams, and with partners
- Work closely with industry analysts
- 5+ years of experience in product and industry marketing roles with relevant data management technology vendors, including but not limited to database management, data warehousing, data lakes, data fabrics, integration, and analytics
- Understanding of the current business initiatives and technical details and challenges addressed by data management technologies
- Proven experience effectively communicating with technical audiences with the ability to drill into technical detail as needed
- Experience working with the relevant technology analysts
- Superior written and presentation skills
- Proven experience acting as the “face of the company” internally and at large industry and company events
- Ability to work well with geographically remote teams and lead through influence
Education and Training
- Bachelor's Degree (minimum), MBA a plus
- Pragmatic Marketing certification desirable
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Established in 1978, InterSystems provides innovative data solutions for organizations with critical information needs in the healthcare, finance, and logistics sectors and beyond. Our cloud-first data platforms solve interoperability, speed, and scalability problems for organizations around the globe. InterSystems also develops and supports data management in hospitals through the world’s most proven electronic medical record, as well as unified care records for health systems and governments through a powerful suite of healthcare data integration solutions. The company is committed to excellence through its award-winning, 24×7 support for customers and partners in more than 80 countries. Privately held and headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, InterSystems has 25 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit InterSystems.com.