Medicaid Data and Reporting Manager
DescriptionThe Manager, Data and Reporting generates ad hoc reports and regular datasets or report information for end-users using system tools and database or data warehouse queries and scripts. The Manager, Data and Reporting works within specific guidelines and procedures; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems; receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines approach, resources, schedules and goals.
The Manager, Data and Reporting integrates data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements. Programs and maintains report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources. May create specifications for reports based on business requests. Decisions are typically related to resources, approach, and tactical operations for projects and initiatives involving own departmental area. Requires cross departmental collaboration and conducts briefings and area meetings; maintains frequent contact with other managers across the department.
- Responsible for the management of production report operations
- Guide communication to stakeholders and market leaders surrounding projects and reporting
- Advocate and steward of organizational brand and reporting standards
- Develops tools and processes that enable report, process, and data efficiencies aligned to daily operations and market support
- Enriches the reporting environment with emergent opportunities aligned to the organizational strategy and vision
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 6 or more years of technical experience in data reporting
- Proficiency in compiling, analyzing and interpreting healthcare related data trends and reporting of operational metrics
- Ability to give direction and make sound business decisions
- Ability to lead a team and help develop their analytical and technical skills
- Proficiency in verbal and written communication to senior and executive leadership
- Advanced proficiency in SQL and other data systems
- Experience with tools such as Tableau and MS Power BI for creating data visualizations.
- Agile problem solver
- Strong communication and project management skills
- Strong technical concepts and applied skills
- Reporting platforms knowledge
- Data knowledge
- Development knowledge and skills
- 2 or more years of management experience
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative discipline, such as Mathematics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Ability to apply a wide variety of analytics processes dependent on business need
- Clinical operations business knowledge preferred
At minimum, a download speed of 25 Mbps and an upload speed of 10 Mbps is recommended; wireless, wired cable or DSL connection is suggested.
· Satellite, cellular and microwave connection can be used only if approved by leadership
· Associates who live and work from Home in the state of California, Illinois, Montana, or South Dakota will be provided a bi-weekly payment for their internet expense.
· Humana will provide Home or Hybrid Home/Office associates with telephone equipment appropriate to meet the business requirements for their position/job.
· Work from a dedicated space lacking ongoing interruptions to protect member PHI / HIPAA information
Scheduled Weekly Hours40
Pay RangeThe compensation range below reflects a good faith estimate of starting base pay for full time (40 hours per week) employment at the time of posting. The pay range may be higher or lower based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
$86,600 - $119,200 per year
This job is eligible for a bonus incentive plan. This incentive opportunity is based upon company and/or individual performance.
Description of BenefitsHumana, Inc. and its affiliated subsidiaries (collectively, “Humana”) offers competitive benefits that support whole-person well-being. Associate benefits are designed to encourage personal wellness and smart healthcare decisions for you and your family while also knowing your life extends outside of work. Among our benefits, Humana provides medical, dental and vision benefits, 401(k) retirement savings plan, time off (including paid time off, company and personal holidays, volunteer time off, paid parental and caregiver leave), short-term and long-term disability, life insurance and many other opportunities.