Tech Lead - Back-End Software Engineer, Java (US Remote)
Boston, MA, USA
Posted on Sunday, September 10, 2023
We are a growth stage company that creates software solutions combining lean principles, predictive and prescriptive analytics, and machine learning to transform hospital and infusion center operations. More than 180 health systems and over 685 hospitals across 49 states rely on our award-winning products to increase patient access, decrease wait times, and reduce healthcare delivery costs. We have raised more than $300 million from top-tier investors such as Bain Capital, Insight Partners, and Goldman Sachs. We have been named among the top 100 AI companies in the world.
Please note that while this role is listed as available for remote, we are currently employing in the following states: AK, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IL, IN, KS, LA, MD, MA, MI, MO, MT, NH, NJ, NC, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI . If your state is not listed, we may not be able to proceed with your application. We have offices in Santa Clara, CA and Charlotte, NC for employees who prefer to work regularly or occasionally from an office.
Join us to work on developing iQueue for Operating Rooms - maximize healthcare capacity with AI and prescriptive analytics.
You will be a part of a small, close-knit, cross-functional team that includes product managers, backend engineers, frontend engineers, data scientists and designers. We are on a mission to understand customer needs and build thoughtful solutions for hard problems.
You have to be comfortable with ambiguity - healthcare data can be messy and challenging and requires patience, tenacity, and reverse engineering skill. But the satisfaction that results when customers love our features is priceless.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers and Data Scientists to understand customers problems and develop elegant solutions for them
- Produce thoughtful design documents and readable, performant, automated testing-friendly code
- Take ownership of the code base and continuously improving it
- Perform design and code reviews and resolve production issues to ensure that the service is running smoothly at all times
- Make the team stronger by sharing your knowledge via documentation, blogs, tech talks, and other means
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- 5+ years of professional experience working on production RESTful web services in cloud environments (AWS or GCP)
- Strong Java skills
- Solid experience with SQL and database performance
- Sense of ownership and ability to get things done - with curiosity, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE
- Experience working with serverless technologies like AWS lambdas, API Gateways and SQS
- Experience in developing GraphQL APIs
- Experience working on healthcare products
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Intellectual and emotional satisfaction of solving tough operational problems in healthcare while improving patient access and saving lives!
- Competitive compensation package that includes base salary, annual bonus, and stock options
- 401(k) Match
- Comprehensive healthcare benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off and Parental Leave
- Monthly reimbursement for Skill Building
- Monthly reimbursement for Wellness, Transportation, and/or Home Office
- Education Reimbursement for select courses/programs
We have an obligation to protect our employees, our customers, and the patients of our customers. Therefore employees are required to be vaccinated to work from the office, attend in-person company events, or to travel on behalf of the company.
LeanTaaS is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you require assistance during the application process, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org. LeanTaaS will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: LeanTaaS is not accepting agency resumes at this time, and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.