Senior Project Manager - Technical Services (Remote Eligible, U.S.)
Job Description SummaryAs the Senior Project Manager – Technical Services, you will manage emergent customer needs to address technical challenges for operating nuclear power plants. You will work and coordinate with organizational functions, vendors, and customers to scope and execute project deliverables. The ideal candidate has a passion for nuclear energy, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to translate and communicate complex requirements effectively and clearly.
Job Description Roles and Responsibilities:
- Acts as first line of contact for customers with emergent technical needs.
- Manages technical projects from customer inquiry to project closure.
- Provides leadership and project management for assigned projects.
- Ensures project management practices are followed in accordance with business policies and projects are delivered within schedule and cost constraints.
- Manages project risks, scope changes, and other non-standard events for assigned projects.
- Develops specialized knowledge in their discipline. Maintains awareness of latest technical developments in assigned area.
- Has in-depth knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses problem solving skills and operational judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus. Develops persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (equivalent experience/education will be considered, such as Senior Reactor Operator with project management experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Project Management
- Minimum 5 years of experience in nuclear power industry (Only candidates with nuclear experience will be considered)
- Minimum 3 years managing medium- to large-scale projects (with multi-disciplinary team and project).
- Willingness to travel (~15%)
- Willingness to respond to emergent customer requests during standard and non-standard working hours
- Senior Reactor Operator experience
- Knowledge of United States nuclear regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergent customer requests
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, plan, and execute multi-discipline projects under schedule pressure while maintaining timely communication with all stakeholders
- Self-motivated and capable of planning and executing major initiatives with little supervision
- Knowledge and experience with engineering and project tools, processes, and software
- PMP Certification
- Established project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
The salary range for this position is $140K-$185K. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes