Senior Project Manager, HVDC
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
Job Description SummaryThe Senior Project Manager, HVDC Korea will be accountable for the execution of the HVDC scope within Project Organization in Korea. You will provide leadership to strategically manage risks & opportunities and ensure that the project/work package follows high standards in terms of quality, health, safety, and environmental requirements. The role initially starts with taking over projects which are in close out stage for RAM management in APAC region and slowly evolves as a full HVDC project manager.
- Develop and implement the overall strategy for the execution of the project to achieve the project performance goals in accordance with the contract.
- Set up and secures the necessary resources for the execution of the project. Support the organization of the project team.
- Define a Risk Management Plan. Constantly updates and reviews the risk and opportunities of the Project. Evaluates and decides on actions that benefit the overall performance of the Project. Follows-up these actions implementation and results.
- Use judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Takes new perspective on existing solutions.
- Report or resolve any non-conformance to process in a timely manner and use Lessons Learnt process and database as a way to learn from and further record return of experience to benefit other projects.
- Ensure Project Reviews governance is in line with GE Grid Solutions Operating rhythm
- Guide & coach a cross-functional project team composed of Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Project Controls (cost & planning), Finance, Contract Management.
- Deliver on Environmental Health & Safety (‘EHS’), On-Time-Delivery (‘OTD’) and financial objectives (sales, margin, billing, cash) for the GE scope.
- Represent GE towards the customer; control and manage this interface and relationship. Manage the internal and external communication loop.
- Define the strategy for managing claims and direct actions accordingly. Address claims by deciding on actions and leading them in consideration of the defined strategy.
- Use technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations with multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own function to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in small and large size of project management value (<50 to 150 MM USD) or work package of project.
- Proficiency in both written and spoken English. The ability to speak and understand Korean language will be an advantage.
- Strong project management skills, including planning, scheduling, budgeting and risk management.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders.
- Prior experience in a customer support/facing role; strong commercial mindset. Anticipates customer needs and ensures that they are met.
- Able to interface effectively with all levels of an organization and demonstrated leadership to pursue correct engineering actions in adverse conditions.
- Able and willing to travel 25% - 50% and comply with GE travel guidelines.
- Knowledgeable in contract management, negotiation strategies, risk and 0pportunity management.
- Proven ability, knowledge and experience covering the full project management cycle: integration management, planning, cost control, procurement, risk management, contract management, construction management…
- Technical knowledge in electrical grids and ideally power electronics / HVDC will be an advantage.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No