Electrical & Instrumentation Lead Engineer
Job Description SummaryAs a member of Project Management Team, you will be responsible to manage the quality, budget and schedule for the Electrical engineering tasks and/or services assigned to you during the execution of the Project from take-over to hand-over.
This is a Fixed Term Contract role for 1 Year.
- Execution of erection works related to Electrical & I & C Discipline, compliance with time schedule and to satisfactory quality.
- Coordination with the Construction Manager, other discipline Construction Managers.
- Supervise on all issues related to the scope of the Electrical & I & C Discipline erection works and interfaces with other works.
- Implementation within the Generator and auxiliaries scope of work GE EHS policy and site specific EHS plans.
- Provide co-workers with information about hazards, risks and risk mitigation measures applicable to the site.
- Ensuring within the scope of the discipline works that subcontractors are in compliance with the EHS requirements at the site.
- Ensure proper reporting to both Site & project line manager Responsible for E&I work execution at site i.e.
Transformer, bus-bar, Switchgear, earthing & lighting and equipment installation
Site routing for Primary & secondary and minors cables trays , conduits etc. including cabling
Athena electrical follow up and updating regularly,
Electrical BOQ follow up and updating.
Instrumentation & Control work including DCS installation
- Job preparation and pre-checks to ensure all materials are available and all required tools and equipment are available for both subcontracted and Self Performance erection works.
- Responsible for E&I KPI i.e. setting / review strategy (execution Plan, workload analysis, manpower strategy, and its follow up Interface as necessary to execute his/her allocated task, with the other discipline Engineers, in particular Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Process… and other Business Units like ST…
- Communicate directly with superiors and Engineering to resolve and/or clarify any technical issues Comply with the Quality and EHS rules and ensure their full integration in the discipline.
- Take action where necessary to ensure that all subcontractors or any Self Performance staff maintain all work areas in a safe and clean condition and all installed materials are adequately preserved and protected. Implementation of the necessary EHS procedures within the scope of the discipline works to include preparation of method statements, risk analyses, safety walks, toolbox talks etc.
- Supervise the Site execution team allocated to him/her for the project – Make yearly performance review of team. Organization and allocation of tasks to the team including subcontractor management
- Ensuring that all defined packages within the discipline are ready for Turnover to Commissioning in accordance with the schedule or earlier.
- Ensuring the highest quality of workmanship and adherence to the Site Quality Plan by all within the- discipline subcontractors and/or Self Performance erection works.
- Optimize the use of competence allocated to him/her and motivate the team.
- Ensure a pro-active behavior in problem resolution and be reactive to Project/Client solicitations. Ensure that continuous care and attention are given to VOC (Voice of Customer) and promote good professional relationship with Client.
- Participate in the coordination meetings with Project management team, Client and Subcontractor Address Clients comments and prepare argued answers.
- Lead the RFQ preparation for the Site Procurement in coordination with project L1 team.
Track the changes in the Project E&I quantities / BOQ and its impact in terms of Time & Cost. Review and follow-up of the Erection documentation with respective Engineering (including supplier ones)
- Ensure timely processing of NCR and FSI- COPQ Participate in the experience feedback on his project for benefit of other projects/tenders
- Take initiative for solving the close-out of punch items list of his/her scope to obtain PAC and FAC Organize execution of As Built documentation and help archive of final documentation.
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical/I&C Engineering appropriate to the technical activity involved 6-7 years’ experience in construction site with knowledge of Electrical & I & C related projects for power plants.
Excellent management skills
Excellent capabilities in the explanation of complex technical and working processes
Strong negotiation and responsive skills
Desired Qualifications (Nice to have):
Electrical / I & C Erection & Commissioning experience
Problem solving methodology like 8D or equivalent
Nice to have knowledge of FGD process & system.
About Steam Power:
At GE Steam Power, our systems help electrify the world and we are committed to building a more sustainable world for everyone. We aspire to be an inclusive employer, focused on creating a work environment where diversity is encouraged. Join us to see what we can achieve together!
Want to know more about us? https://jobs.gecareers.com/power/global/en/ge-steam-power
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes