Lead Hardware Manager - Controls and Externals New Products
Job Description SummaryConnection and interface between Engineering, Supply Chain and Customer facing organizations focused on product/ manufacturing readiness, execution and delivery. Jobs at this level operate with some autonomy but are covered by well-defined Commercial policies or review of end results. The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (typically annual volume, margin and compliance requirements). Responsible for medium-sized sales territories.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for assigned hardware including technical, cost, delivery and quality. Support the definition of overall program plans and translate plans into requirements and milestones for the procurement of assigned hardware. Serves as manufacturing representative for PCB, Tollgate and Technical reviews for assigned hardware
- Utilizes in-depth knowledge of own and others sales territory, product lines, markets, sales processes or customer groups and uses analytical thinking and commercial experience to execute policy/strategy.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated, day-to-day problems with projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, or customers. Ability to prioritize information for decision making. Uses technical experience and analytical thinking. Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- These sales jobs will mainly be individual contributors.
A job at this level requires strong interpersonal skills. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements. Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field. Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Manufacturing Programs)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in Manufacturing Programs
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes