Bench Hand - Manufacturing Associate 2nd Shift
Job Description SummaryOperates Punch Press, Welder Machine Resist (Spot Weld), Bench and Milling Machine Electro (EDM) Machines
In addition, you will:
- Operate Punch Press, Welder Machine Resist (Spot Weld), Bench and Milling Machine Electro (EDM) Machines
- Work with types of materials involved such as castings, forgings
- Work to established Lean Manufacturing guidelines involving one-piece flow, standard work, 6S, set-up reduction and wet process lines
- Maintain high housekeeping standards to ensure safe and efficient work areas, including cleaning chips from around machine and keeping coolant / machine fluids off shop floor and maintaining organization of work area to established standards
- High School Diploma / GED
- Graduate of a Vocational High School (Or graduate of other equivalent manufacturing program) OR minimum of 6 months of machining experience with Lathes and / or Mills, Punch Press, Bench, Spot Weld Machines and EDM Machines
- Demonstrate experience in reading and interpreting blueprints and mechanical aptitude
- Blueprint reading, work instructions such as quality sheets, and inspection reports require the ability to read and write in English
- Ability to verify and inspect own work using micrometers, plug gages, height gage and surface plates
- Ability to run manual equipment concurrently as required
- Ability to work effectively in a cellular, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work under general direction with minimal supervision
- Excellent attendance history
- Ability to produce error free products
- Accurately completes job related paperwork
- Strives to meet or exceed job requirements
- Experience with machining high temp material (Inconel, stainless, titanium, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and a teaming environment
- Experience machining to aerospace standards and specifications
- Ability to work from and follow written instruction precisely (MOS, routers, engineering drawings)
- Ability to operate multiple machines
- Optical Comparator experience
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No