Job Description SummaryOur Lynn, MA team is looking to hire a Tig Welder to perform layout, set-up and welding on a variety of aircraft engine component parts and assemblies. In this role you can expand your career welding various exotic materials into critical parts for commercial and/or military aircraft. You will receive training to achieve necessary certifications on required processes to set you up for success and ensure that you are working at required quality and efficiency levels.
About GE Aerospace
If you want to do work that really matters among a team of spirited and collaborative individuals, you need to know more about GE Aerospace. We’ve become a world leader in the design, development and manufacture of advanced aviation technologies including jet engines, components, and integrated systems for commercial and military aircraft. We’re a people-first organization that will bring out your best ideas and performance as part of our on-going LEAN transformation. We believe that the world works better when it flies. Do you? If so, come aboard.
Working at our Lynn Facility
Come and elevate your career in a facility that combines a rich tradition of aviation technology with a deep commitment to the future of flight. The GE Aerospace manufacturing site in Lynn designs, produces, assembles, and tests military and commercial aircraft engines and components. With more 2,500 employees and 1.6 million sqft of manufacturing space, we’re making a huge contribution to the future of flight. And, considering that very first jet engines were born here in 1942, we clearly are the career home of people who are deeply knowledgeable about building quality engines. What’s more, GE Aerospace has invested more than $100 million in our facility in the last five years alone.
By engaging with highly collaborative teams, we’re reaching for new Sustainable Aviation Fuel milestones every year. And by encouraging our teams to join us in extensive community service and volunteerism, we’re making a difference in all the ways that matter.
Here are just a few of the best reasons you will want to consider us:
- Do work with a real purpose helping to solve the global challenge of how the world flies more sustainably.
- Be a part of a global workforce of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, ideas, and experiences where everyone feels supported and respected.
- Earn merit-based rewards and incentives.
- Free Onsite Parking.
- Set work schedule with no mandatory overtime.
- Work in a climate-controlled building out of the elements.
- Have opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 year of TIG welding experience in a manufacturing environment or have successfully completed a welding co-op or course with a certified agent
- Must be able to pass initial welding skills demonstration
- Able to work from planning and verbal instructions, prints or sketches require the ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Distance Vision 20/30 (US) using corrected or uncorrected vision in either eye
- Near Vision corrected or uncorrected in either eye, shall be the ability to read Jaeger No. 2 type at 16 inches (40.64 cm)
- Ability to lift, move and manipulate fixtures and component hardware up to 25 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodations
- Previous welding and fabrication experience on aerospace hardware
- Previous held weld certification(s) in: corrosive resistant and heat resistant ferrous alloys, nickel base alloys, cobalt-base alloys, aluminum alloys, and titanium alloys
About GE Aviation
Aviation is a world-leading provider of jet and turboprop engines, as well as integrated systems for commercial, military, business and general aviation aircraft. GE Aviation is advancing bold technology solutions including open fan, hybrid electric, and new engine core designs to reduce the environmental impact of flight. Also, partnering with NASA and other leaders, GE Aviation is working to accelerate the introduction of hybrid electric flight technologies for commercial aviation. For more than 100 years, GE Aviation has worked to invent the future of flight and that work continues today.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No