Offshore Wind Authorization Engineer
Job Description SummaryResponsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Site activities related to testing and validation of electrical components and systems of the equipment in a plant or facility in accordance with the design objectives or specifications for operational use. This includes operational testing and performance tests.
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 1 year of basic experience in the Project Management & Electrical Commissioning.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
*The salary range for this position is 77,00.00 - 116,00.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. Available benefits include Health, Medical, 401K, and Paid Leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes