Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Project Management
Job Description SummaryAs the Lead Manufacturing Specialist you will implement and execute projects and processes to support the strategic direction of the Tubes & Ducts Part Family. These activities will be primarily focused on the transfer of work between GE sites and from GE sites to external vendors. The work undertaken in this role will impact quality, efficiency and effectiveness of the team and have a direct and identifiable impact on strategic objectives. The position has significant input into priorities, execution methods and has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment and project execution.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes, develops and maintains project schedules using excel/MS Project for key value stream programs and initiatives.
- Identifies and executes build ahead/overlap plans to support work transfer projects.
- Engages with key pitching/catching site focal points to manage ramp up/down project plans.
- Supports engagement with suppliers on parts & programs subject to make/buy decisions.
- Undertakes research on engineering drawings for parts subject to transfer to identify manufacturing processes, drawing completeness, fixture availability, inventory levels and risks
- Interacts with Quality Engineering colleagues to ensure all qualification requirements are understood and adhered to by catching sites.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with moderate risks and resource requirements.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus.
- Develops persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of Manufacturing and/or Project Management experience.
- Minimum of 3 years of Manufacturing and/or Project Management experience
- Previous experience in the Aviation Industry
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively, handles sensitive information carefully
- Focused: quick learner, prioritizes work, committed to delivery objectives
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes