Lead Project Control
Job Description SummaryAs related customer equipment, facilities or infrastructure projects: responsible for project delivery, profit & loss accountability, and customer satisfaction through management of project related activities and resources. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Come bring your energy to change the world Grid Solutions, part of the GE Vernova portfolio of energy businesses, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. Grid Solutions provides equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We electrify the world with advanced grid technologies and accelerate the energy transition.
GE Vernova, a dynamic accelerator comprised of our Power, Renewable Energy, Digital and Energy Financial Services businesses, is focused on leading a new era of energy - electrifying the world while simultaneously working to decarbonize it.
If you are ready to make a difference and usher in a new era of energy, come join us.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensures project implementation as well as work packages and constraints are accurately integrated into project planning scenario. Responsible for monitoring progress and producing accurate projections. Ensures other functions have access to accurate current reports and projections and relevant reports are available for the customer.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a technical discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired technical expertise to execute policy/strategy.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Builds tender integrated schedules and cost estimates
- Build project schedule and project budgeting in cost and schedule tools; ensure collaboration with functional cost owners to find strategies to reduce cost
- Support PM to align project budgets to as sold in appropriate systems
- Analyze and maintain schedules and cost trends and provide forecasted cost and schedules to project team
- Checks and controls cost movements, compares with current scope and progress as well as with previous forecast. Also Compares with productivity factors and validates accuracy of estimates
- Provides internal and external project reporting of project status
- Presents all financial data in a transparent way, attends project and management review to present cost status
- Support project close out and claims
- Provide support to tenders
- Ensure alignment to established standards (WBS, process, procedures, tools usage)
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 3 years of advanced experience in the Project Management & Project Planning.
- Lead planner on a minimum of 2 turnkey projects
- Deep domain knowledge of planning and use of Primavera
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Knowledge of cost control function on large complex turnkey projects
- Knowledge of forensic analysis on large complex turnkey projects
- Minimum of 2 projects providing cost controlling on large turnkey projects
We deliver integrated project solutions to enable large scale electrification and support our customer needs.
The salary range for this position is 91,200.00 - 121,600.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. 91,200.00 - 121,600.00 - 151,900.00 USD Annual
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No