Senior Project Manager - Onshore
Job Description SummaryHigh Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) systems enable utilities to move more power further, efficiently integrate renewables, interconnect grids, and improve network performance. HVDC systems utilize power electronics technology to convert AC and DC voltage and are ideal for supporting existing systems or building new power highways.
GE is globally recognized for designing, manufacturing and delivering customized HVDC solutions for utilities worldwide. With over 130 years of pioneering experience, GE offers two HVDC technologies, Line Commutated Converters (LCC) and Voltage Source Converters (VSC), to support a broad range of applications and deployable in different schemes including overhead line (point to point), back to back, submarine/land cable and offshore.
Every HVDC solution is tailored and designed based on a project-by-project assessment of the customers' individual requirements, whether it's for connecting offshore wind generation, long distance power transmission, or energy trading between independent networks.
The Project Manager is directly accountable for all the Executional aspects of the HVDC Specific Project Scope. You will lead all project activities to ensure time schedule is achieved and all quality standards are met according to the contract and within budget. Accountable to drive the financials delivery in accordance with the Forecast (Sales/CM/Billing/Cash). You will be responsible to drive the EHS culture within your sphere of influence and during the various stage of the project.
The Senior PM, will be responsible for a the Local (on-shore) scope of a mega windfarm interconnector project, you will report to the project director
At GE Grid Solutions we electrify the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space, our goal is to accelerate the transition to a cleaner, more energy efficient grid by integrating renewables and deploying cleaner technologies to fulfill the needs of tomorrow.
In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
Why we come to work
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Customer interface: Meeting with clients, stakeholders and project managers to report on project progress and resolve key topics.
- Liaising with clients and building strong working relationships.
- Accountable for the Project Planning: Follow-up of project milestones (handover from ITO (receiver), KO, design freeze, engineering, procurement, assembly, FAT, site works, PAC).
- Responsible to obtain customer inputs when required.
- Risk and Opportunities: identification of project R&Os, definition of action plan and project execution strategy.
- Project Financials: Sales, Billing, Cash, project review, margin deviation monitoring (BDR) and CTC via Unifier & Tableau
- Project Commercial topics: Change Management, Claims, VOs, LDs negotiation, Bonds, Warranty.
- Engineering Solution Delivery: Accountable for Engineering deliverables to ensure compliance to the contract requirements with required quality and on time delivery.
- Procurement/production/delivery/Construction: Accountable for procurement/production, communication with customer. Lead customer FATs. Shipping coordination with customer.
- Project closing: Accountable for the Handover with customer, closing of snags, last payments, bond recollection, handle of warranty issues, perform return on experience, closing of project and transfer to Service.
- Customers External and internal customers, all stakeholders & project team members
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Project Management
- Minimum 10 years of related experience with Project Management - Power Distribution and/of HVDC
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% of the time, both domestic and international. You must comply with all relevant GE company travel and tax policies.
- PMP certification or equivalent
- Masters degree in Project Engineering or Project Management
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Established project management skills.
- Organized, passionate, and goal-oriented
- Able to work under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity in dynamic environments.
- Strong Financial Acumen
We deliver integrated project solutions to enable large scale electrification and support our customer needs.
The salary range for this position is 138,700.00 - 184,900.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus.138,700.00 - 184,900.00 - 231,100.00 USD Annual
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes