Redesign Cost Leader
Job Description SummaryThe Redesign Cost Leader will be responsible for developing and executing Supply Chain’s cost reduction strategy through identification and execution of part redesign activities to reduce total part cost. The strategy is to include driving reduced defects, ease of manufacturability, standardization of designs to enable standardization of processes, and material optionality, as well as other design levers that can unlock part cost including reading actions across parts and product lines. This role will partner with Engineering and the part family resources to elevate opportunities, understand capability and capacity, and drive execution. It will also include partnering with various other enterprise teams to ensure we are building capabilities for design for manufacturability. This role will create a collaborative, cross-functional strategy and enablement plans to drive year over year cost reduction.
- Develop and execute a Supply Chain redesign strategy that drives cost reduction to achieve a sustainable 5% YOY cost out, including an interconnected cost productivity approach across part family teams.
- Use project management capability to work horizontally across Supply Chain, P&Ls, and other divisions to ensure alignment, communication, and integration of approach.
- Drives standardization across Supply Chain.
- Develop and implement a standardized methodology, propagating it for adoption across Supply Chain.
- Develop and execute a strategy for review of new and existing designs for producibility/manufacturability including evaluation of manufacturing methods
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in Manufacturing, Operations, Engineering, Project Management, or other relevant field
- May require travel up to 25% of the time
Desired Characteristics and Experience:
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn, global mindset
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Strategic thinking: ability to translate trends to strategic plans, ensuring execution across the organization.
- Leadership: Continuous improvement mindset, strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Strong project management skills with ability to execute and deliver on commitments
Prospective employees at any of our Alabama sites are subject to post-offer/pre-employment drug testing. Employees are also subject to random and reasonable-suspicion drug and alcohol testing.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes