Lead Manufacturing Specialist - Material Plan & Execution
Job Description SummaryCoordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs. Serves as delivery leader and assembly material support for key Military New engine Program Introductions (NPI). Serve as conduit between supply chain, programs, project, engineering, and government property. Cross functional communication and leadership required to plan material flow internally and to outside vendors, and coordinate with development assembly teams to hit key program delivery milestones.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Manage material processes and systems, prepare and update production schedules and purchasing needs.
- Ensure operational alignment with production plan and KPIs.
- Optimize inventory and process improvements.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Uses some judgment and has some ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters to address more complicated manufacturing processes with technical variety and/or interdependent production cycles.
- Uses technical experience and analytical thinking.
- Uses multiple internal and limited external sources outside of own teams to arrive at decisions.
- Lead project improvement efforts and drive lean efforts in the organization
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience. May lead small projects with low risks and resource requirements.
- Explains information; developing skills to bring team members to consensus around topics within field.
- Conveys performance expectations and may handle sensitive issues.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years materials, planning, or sourcing experience) + minimum of 3 years materials, planning, or sourcing experience
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes