Senior Casting Technology Manufacturing Engineer
Job Description SummaryThe Senior Casting Technology Manufacturing Engineer will provide technical support for the Airfoils and Structural Castings team including supplier development and technology breakthroughs. You will support engineering associated with the manufacturing process - specifically casting technology. You will align with sourcing commodity on business objectives and strategy, including Casting Supplier Improvements, Casting Supplier Development, Cost Out Projects and Technology.
This position is eligible for remote work in the Eastern Time Zone. Any hire would be expected to be available to travel to Cincinnati multiple times in the first 6 months of hire for training and onboarding.
Expected travel 50% for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Technical process ownership for castings commodity
- Partner with sourcing team members on Casting supplier development and cost out projects
- Mentor suppliers in the application of quality tools & requirements and new technologies
- Work cross functionally with quality and design engineers to ensure that new processes achieve established metrics
- Design and implement manufacturing processes and systems for control and replenishment of materials
- Plan and implement process-engineering activities for new product development and current product support
- Investigate and apply new technology
- Pursue continuous improvement for quality and cost reductions in designated area
- Act as change agent, understanding and moving the operation toward world-class performance
- Communicate progress & challenges to leadership teams
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma/GED with a minimum of 4 years Sourcing, Materials, Supply Chain Manufacturing experience) + minimum of 5 years Sourcing, Materials, Supply Chain Manufacturing experience
- Casting expertise
- Established project management skills
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Focused: quick learner, accountable
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, collaborative
The salary range for this position is $111,700-148,000-186,200. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location.
In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus/variable incentive plan.
• GE provides a comprehensive benefits package that provides access to plans which support the overall wellbeing of our employees and their dependents. These benefits include, but are not limited to, health care coverage (medical, dental, vision, pharmacy), a retirement plan that includes Company Retirement Savings and a 401K with Company matching, Life Insurance options, Disability coverage, paid time-off, EAP, and more.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No