Civil Design & Works Package Leader (F/M)
Job Description SummaryGris System Integration (GSI) is in charge of delivering turnkey high voltage substation project involving all technologies. These integrated solutions enable large scale electrification and integration of green, sustainable renewable energy with a great sense of purpose
Within GSI South Europe, the Civil Work Leader is responsible for the valuation of Civil Engineering & Civil works activities during the tender phase (ITO), . Acting under the direction of the tender leader, he covers all fields of Civil Engineering: earthworks, drainage, foundation, building, building services, …
During project execution (OTR) he/she is in charge of delivering the civil works scope of projects reporting to the project director and in coordination with all other project functions..
He ensures that Safety, Quality, Costs and Schedule comply with contractual obligations, company policy and local regulation.
In link with Sourcing & Procurement, he has major contributions to the management of the portfolio of suppliers & sub-contractor in his field.
He reports to the GSI Construction Regional lead and participate to the function’s objective definitions and their follow up.
Network & Links:
- Internal: Project Director, Project Managers, Project engineering director, Plant engineering, Internal Project Design entities, Project Controller, Site Manager, Commissioning Manager, Site Eng/Supervisors.
- External: Customer, Subcontractors/partners, staffing agencies.
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Safety by Design & STOP WORK policies are implemented.
- Ensures application of GE GRID EHS Policy and procedures in all activities.
- Maintain/update tools, templates, design books to be used in civil design/works activities within projects.
- Participate to continuous improvement actions of Design & Construction phases .
- Treatment of Non Conformities and Lessons Learned
Skills / Qualifications:
- Appropriate qualification in Civil Engineering, degree level with around 10 years of work experience.
- Appropriate health and safety experience, training and qualifications in line with international standards for roles of this nature.
- Great interpersonal skills & ability to lead working teams in complex organizations across countries.
- Ability to communicate effectively, and to accurately and concisely report both verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency in ENGLISH mandatory / Additional European language a plus
- Good level in CAD tools (Autocad, Revit & BIM platforms)
- Good IT proficiency including collaborative platforms & tools.
- Direct experience in designing and/or delivering civil works for HV substations or similar industrial projects, preferably in European countries.
- Valuation methodology of civil design/works.
- Key applicable standards and specifications associated with the civil works applicable for countries in the region.
- Environmental legislation and good industry practice in relation to construction works.
- Civil Design Outsourcing
- Design-Build contracting strategies.
- Office-based position - will require frequent travelling to suppliers & project sites across the region.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No