Lean Manufacturing Leader - (Metem)
Job Description SummaryAs the Lean Leader for Metem a GE Power business, you will provide leadership globally to all three Metem facilities (Allentown, PA, Parsippany, NJ and Szazhalombatta, HU). You will work collaboratively with the GE Power team to develop and drive the annual lean road map tied to business objectives. In this role you will design and integrate processes that meet business needs across the organization, manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise, and work to solve strategic issues.
- Create the Lean vision and implement a Lean strategy to meet business objectives.
- Responsible for continuous improvement, being an innovator of positive change that impacts safety, quality, delivery, cost and engagement.
- Communicate and coordinate effectively with supply chain partners to achieve goals and results.
- Support early integration of Lean principles in product design & process development for New Product Introductions.
- Use lean tools to meet strategic and tactical objectives.
- Drive measurable improvements in lead-time, customer delivery, productivity, inventory and product flow.
- Lead teams in Kaizen Events in developing solutions to meet business objectives, such as developing pull systems and lines.
- Prepare Lean reviews and present to business leaders.
- Prepare operational budgets to fund Lean annual activities and estimate productivity gains.
- Coach, train and mentor site leadership on the fundamentals and principals of Lean Manufacturing.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience in Lean deployment and driving changes in production shop floor through strategic projects.
- Must be willing and able to travel internationally a couple times a year and split time working between the Allentown, PA and Parsippany, NJ sites.
- This role requires use of technical data subject to U.S. Government export restrictions and this posting is only for U.S. Persons (U.S. Citizens, lawful permanent residents and protected individuals (e.g., certain refugees and asylees). GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
- Ability to develop and motivate a high-involvement team through commitment to meeting customer and organization demands.
- Prior experience leading continuous improvement/ lean initiatives.
- Prior experience teaching and developing talent.
- Knowledge of the disciplines of manufacturing management such as production and inventory control, quality management systems, and standard cost systems.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of products, processes, customer requirements in relevant industries.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Change agent with strong credibility and influence in the organization.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement.
- Formal Lean Training.
- Ability to multi-task, manage projects, and work independently in fast-paced environment.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes