Technical Project Manager
Job Description SummaryJob Description Summary
Are you a professional with project management background - and eager to work in a role where you can make a big difference with your contribution?
Join us now, as a Technical Project Manager for FACTS Operations team in Saratoga Springs, NY (remote).
Grid Solutions USA delivers Fixed Series Capacitors (FSC) and Synchronous Condensers (SC), on which we are the global Product Delivery Group (PDG).
FSC are electrical components designed to store and release electrical energy in high voltage systems. They are used to improve power factor correction, reduce reactive power consumption, and enhance the efficiency of electrical systems.
Synchronous condensers, on the other hand, are rotating electrical machines used in power systems. They are essentially synchronous motors that operate without a mechanical load but contribute to the power system stability and voltage regulation. Synchronous condensers can provide or absorb reactive power as needed, helping to stabilize the voltage and improve power factor in the grid.
Both systems play important roles in electrical power systems, particularly maintaining voltage stability and power quality. Via our projects, you truly have a chance to make the world a better place by helping our global customers in saving vital energy and securing stable electricity distribution.
As a Technical Project Manager at GE, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the planning, execution, and delivery of various technical projects. Your primary goal will be to ensure that projects are completed within scope, time, and budget, while maintaining high-quality standards. Key responsibilities include:
1. Project Planning: Collaborate with stakeholders to define project goals, deliverables, and success criteria. Develop comprehensive project plans, including timelines, milestones, and resource allocation.
2. Team Management: Lead and motivate cross-functional teams, including developers, engineers, designers, and other relevant stakeholders. Foster effective communication and collaboration among team members.
3. Project Execution: Monitor project progress, identify and mitigate risks, and resolve any issues that may arise during project implementation. Ensure adherence to project plans and timelines.
4. Stakeholder Management: Establish strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Communicate project updates, address concerns, and manage expectations effectively.
5. Budget and Resource Management: Develop and manage project budgets, track expenditures, and ensure optimal utilization of resources. Provide regular budget reports to senior management.
6. Quality Assurance: Implement and enforce quality assurance processes to ensure project deliverables meet the highest standards. Conduct thorough testing and validation before project completion.
7. Documentation and Reporting: Create comprehensive project documentation, including status reports, risk assessments, and post-project evaluations. Present progress and results to stakeholders and senior management.
Your duties would comprise of:
- Manage portfolio of EEP projects (Active Projects, Warranty Projects, NPI Projects, ITO Projects) (On-time delivery of EEP)
- Scope management and securing that the various interfaces are seamless, no gaps or duplicates
- Act PDG’s main interface towards regions project delivery organization
- Manage day-to-day project activities with FACTS PDG departments
- Analyze project contractual and technical specification
- Issue technical specifications of integrated packaged solution (EEP)
- Follow-up design, procurement & delivery of the integrated packaged solution (EEP)
- Issue/execute project schedule
- Coordinate resources requirements with PDG team leaders
- Perform risks & opportunities reviews with PDG teams
- Ensure timely shipments with regional teams
- Guide customers to right direction and securing the projects goals by efficient change management
- Follow-up site activities
- Organize regular return on experience (including feedback to regions)
- Internal and external communication including needed reporting
- Participation to continuous development of project management procedures, methods and tools
- Ensure safe, compliant and successful execution of all project obligation
- Assist with project execution input in support of GE sales team and assist the GE sales team to develop executable & competitive proposals
To succeed in this job, you should have a degree in Engineering and/or equivalent knowledge and experience from:
- Proven experience in technical project management, preferably in FSC/SC area.
- Demonstrative knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Fluent spoken and written language skills English, desirable Spanish
- Willingness to travel (approximately 15% of working time)
- Strong technical problem-solving skills & experience
- Experience with FSC/SC or similar power systems are seeing as benefit
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Advanced degree or certification in project management is a plus
- Strong understanding of project and engineering management methodologies and tools
- Excellent leadership, communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Proficient in project management software and collaboration tools.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities.
- Experience in site management, field service engineering, equipment installation, testing and start up.