Lead Protections System Engineer (H/F)
Job Description SummaryAs a Lead Protections System Engineer, you will report to the LV Ctrl&Aut. Engineering Manager and will be part of a highly motivated and dynamic team of engineers working on the requirement, design, integration, installation, and commissioning of HVDC Control & Protection System.
Lead Protections System Engineer scope covers design, testing and deployment support for all protections of HVDC systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Lead Protections System Engineer, you will be responsible of delivering the overall technical solution that meets customer Requirements. This includes the following activities:
- Customer requirements capture and analysis.
- Definition of Protection strategy for a HVDC project and Protection design for substations.
- Deliver power flow calculation, short-circuit analysis, protection, and instrumentation studies.
- Review and support Single Line diagrams and schematics creation for Protections scope.
- Deliver calculation note for the complete protection system.
- Define protection specification test strategy, define detailed test plans and procedures and execute/lead/supervise tests execution.
- Lead and support FAT tests for his/her scope.
- Collaborate with different stakeholders (Project Manager, technical experts, site team, ...) to ensure successful delivery of his/her scope of work.
- Interface with equipment supplier, monitor manufacturing of cabinets and supervise Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Assist site activities relevant to the installation and commissioning of the control system.
- Prepare replies to customer comments on technical submittals in coordination with project management.
- Attend, as needed, meeting with customers/contractors/ consultants for technical discussions.
- Follow the departments standard design practices, engineering reviews and guidelines.
- Apply engineering policies and procedures.
- Support department Continuous Improvement activities.
- Degree in Electronics/Electrical engineering or related field.
- Solid knowledge of Electrical systems Engineering.
- Minimum of 5-year experience in Protections development in similar application field to HVDC: Oil&Gas, Electrical Substations, transmission, and distribution, …
- Working experience with IED (intelligent electronic device)
- Knowledge about norms, standards, and technologies of Protections design in transmission and distribution systems: IEC, IEEE, …
- Solid experience in Power Systems analysis and related development tools: MathCAD, Matlab, DigSilent PowerFactory, PowerFlow, ……
- Good understanding of control and Automation principles.
- Technical documentation and communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Accountability and decision makings skills
- Languages: English
- Experience in project management and related tools and process: SmartSheet, reporting, ...
- Languages: French
Relocation Assistance Provided: No