Field Service Technician -Generators and Electric Motors
Job Description SummaryGE’s Power Conversion business, part of GE Vernova, provides electrification systems that are critical to customers’ power and energy needs for their high-performance applications. We work with some of the world’s major energy, maritime and industrial organizations, helping to enable a transition to energy efficiency and decarbonization through our specialist motors, drives and control technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Knowledge and ability to execute electrical tests in MV AC/DC Electrical Motors and Generators: Insulation resistance, Winding resistance, voltage drop test, transformation ratio, partial discharge test, hipot & dc leakage test, dissipation factor test).
- Knowledge and ability to perform motors & generators Start-up/Commissioning: Static tests, operational tests (temperature elevation, vibrational tests, electrical parameters, etc.).
- Knowledge and ability to execute assembly/disassembly of electrical components such as cables, capacitors, rtd´s, surge arresters, fan motors, CT´s, TC´s, winding (coil assembly, parts insulation, etc.), etc.
- Knowledge and ability to execute assembly/disassembly of mechanical components, machine parts such as rotor, stator, covers, heat exchanger, sleeve bearings, roller bearings, couplings, mechanical seals, etc.;
- Ability to interpret schematics, engineering drawings, P&IDs, and wiring prints.
- Assure the GE's Environmental, Health and Safety procedures are strictly followed in the job site
- Minimum of 2 years of field service and/or commissioning experience in a field service/ commissioning environment.
- Knowledge of rotating machine systems, generators, electric motors, drives or convertors
- US Citizen with the ability to achieve security clearance for Department of Defense projects.
- Ability and willingness to travel 85% of the time on short notice
- Ability to prioritize workload and organize work activities in order to meet business needs and department goals.
- Must be physically fit to be able to board vessels offshore.
- Must be able to pass a HUET and offshore survival course which includes activities in a swimming pool.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university (or Associate's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline from an accredited college or university with a minimum 2 additional years of related industry experience)
- Ability to learn and follow defined departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
- Possesses leadership qualities that align with GE behaviors.
- Background in a customer facing position within a Service environment.
- Ability to execute increasingly complicated assignments, which require considerable engineering skill and creative ability and independent judgment.
- Strong computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office applications.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No