Aero New Units Project COE Operations Leader
Job Description SummaryThe Aero New Units Projects COE Operations Leader will develop and operationalize a lean framework to enable a wing-to-wing customer solution from competitive proposal generation through project execution, warranty and operations & maintenance (where applicable) for the Aero Business Line in partnership with the Poles and Gas Power fulfillment functions. The leader will be responsible for building and implementing project execution operations and processes including KPIs/Metrics and for driving project/site execution excellence and continuous improvement with a lean mindset.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing a best-in-class lean ITR framework in partnership with ITO counterparts and the OTR leadership team for the Aero Business Line.
- Responsible for coordinating implementation of the operating rhythm across regions and products for the portfolio to ensure consistent process compliance across all project phases.
- Ensures KPIs (technical, strategy, financial, operating metrics) are in place and driven to target. Drive internal delivery and responsibilities across the organization.
- Represent the Aero Business Line at senior level business meetings, and support business level actions and presentations.
- Maintain and report operational and financial metrics for the Aero New Unit ITR Projects COE organization.
- Lead the implementation and continuous improvement of workload forecasting process
- Manage timely data collection to update operational metrics to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost, eliminate defects, and deliver excellent customer service. Further leverage the data to continuously optimize ITR processes, drive developments, while maintaining standard work across the organization. Work closely with global peers to define, influence, and implement global best practices.
- Ensure timely capture of lessons learned during bidding and execution phases to reduce margin erosion and budget variances in a closed loop manner.
- Anticipates, plans, executes, and measures operational and business risk mitigation
- Ability to manage complex issues within functional areas of expertise; will be involved in long-term planning and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Lead efforts aligned to the business line strategies for Safety, Quality, Delivery & Cost.
- Partner with cross functional business leaders, peers, and technical resources to integrate business tools while delivering cost effective solutions for business success.
- Lead with a Lean mindset. Leverage Lean in the quest to reduce waste and improve customer value. Practice and promote Lean concepts.
- Model and promote good meeting etiquette including clear and timely agendas, pre-read material, and action item documentation with consistent follow up to completion.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited university or college and/or equivalent knowledge / experience.
- 10 years of experience in Power Plant Project Management, Engineering, and/or Construction.
- Strong budget and schedules development and oversight skills
- Excellent ability to perform and delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control of operations.
- Strong in conflict management and business negotiation processes
- Knowledge of general business software and aptitude to learn new applications
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a global team
- Exhibits the GE Leadership Behaviors: acts with humility, leads with transparency, delivers with focus
- Experience in Operations or project management in engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain environments
- Strong IT skills
- Strong financial and account reporting understanding
- Leads with a Lean mindset and is skilled in applying Lean tools to improving business operations. Specifically, Daily Management, Standard Work, and Monthly Operating Reviews based on Bowler/KPIs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform inclusively in a diverse environment and to promote inclusion and diversity in the workplace
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes