Director - Enterprise Data Quality
Job Description SummaryBe a part of exciting Data transformation journey in GE Aerospace. This Role, Director of Data Quality (DQ) is responsible for providing strategic and operational leadership to DQ team and deliverables for multi domain data.
This role will be responsible for establishing IT platform and solutions for DQ, to ensure that the organization's data is accurate, reliable, and consistent. You will develop and implement strategies, processes, and technologies to maintain and improve data quality across various systems and databases, while adhering to GE Aerospace enterprise data quality framework.
This includes collaborating with Data domain owners, data steward community, ERP and other system owners to build a robust DQ solution that is scalable and futuristic. In this role, you will build an internal team that partners with supplier and matrix teams to accelerate value proposition. This role reports into Sr Director Enterprise Data Management.
In this role, you will:
- Establish robust data quality platform ecosystem, that meets the objectives of EDM data quality strategy.
- Design and implement a data quality systems for detective data quality expectations, that includes standards, guidelines, and best practices for data quality assessment, monitoring, and improvement.
- Implement proactive data quality monitoring solutions to identify and address data issues in real-time, by partnering with other system of record teams.
- Conduct data profiling to understand the current state of data quality and report issues, anomalies, and inconsistencies across systems.
- Define and track data quality metrics and indicators to assess data quality dimensions like accuracy, completeness, consistency, and timeliness etc.,
- Develop and execute data quality improvement initiatives, partner with data steward community and data domain owners to support data cleansing, enrichment, and transformation activities.
- Collaborate with the data governance team to ensure that data quality standards are aligned with data governance policies and procedures.
- Have strong leadership skills to build a team of DQ professionals, guide, coach, and support to ensure their success and the successful delivery of DQ projects.
- Deliver large scale data initiatives through Data Quality architecture frameworks.
- Have established Data Quality Management frameworks and partnership with data owners to improve data maturity.
- Have deployed tools and adoption strategy to enable stewardship bench and the enable the community to cleanse and enhance data.
- Have used Machine learning models to amplify data quality profiling and recommendations.
- Have delivered large scale data programs using technologies like Informatica, IBM, Stibo, Alation, Collibra etc.,
- Lead a team of 15+ internal and external data professionals and operate in a highly matrixed environment.
- History analyzing large datasets with knowledge in Oracle, SAP, Salesforce etc., to effectively manage metadata and data models.
- Have solutioned multiple data domains like Customer, Supplier, Items, Finance, etc.,
- Experience working across multiple functions and with global resources.
- Excellent leadership capabilities to navigate uncertainties and assertively take decisions with educated assumptions.
- Demonstrated ability to lead in a highly matrixed environment, and influence deliverables towards the EDM Vision and mission.
- Excellent collaboration skills, working across multiple functions and with global resources.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college with minimum of 8 years of professional experience OR Associates degree with minimum of 11 years of professional experience OR High School Diploma with minimum of 13 years of professional experience
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in Customer Information management, Master Data Management, Data Governance, Customer Regulatory Compliance or Enterprise Data Management.
- 5+ years managing a team of 5 or more individual contributors and/or senior leaders
- Demonstrated Lean/ Continuous improvement experiences.
- Technology experience in Customer information, master data management, and data quality technologies
- History working with compliance, legal, and managing data contracts.
- Experience with business operations and B2B
- Models’ humility, transparency, and focus
Note: Military experience is equivalent to professional experience
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes